It is currently Mon May 22, 2017 8:11 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:50 am 

Is there any way to dump the roms from the Mega Man Legacy Collection (PC)? I managed to do so with the Sega games at Steam (and use them with my Mega Everdrive) so I was thinking it's probably possible to do it with Mega Man as well :-)

And btw, are there other legal roms for sale out there I should know about? A easy way to dump VC games, maybe?

PS I know it's much easier to just download the roms from the internet and have no problem with that. But what's the fun in that? :-D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:10 am 

You should be able to copy the roms off the Classic NES, the same way you'd add ones.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:46 am 

calima wrote:
You should be able to copy the roms off the Classic NES, the same way you'd add ones.

Yeah. That would work I guess. Still waiting for my copy :?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:40 am 

kjetil_f wrote:
And btw, are there other legal roms for sale out there I should know about? A easy way to dump VC games, maybe?

Dunno about easy (never did it, except for some help with dumping the Donkey Kong Pie Factory edition), but it's definitely possible to dump ROMs off the Wii Virtual Console.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:26 pm 

kjetil_f wrote:
A easy way to dump VC games, maybe?
I remember encountering that as something I got straightforward answers via any search engine.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:20 am 

lidnariq wrote:
kjetil_f wrote:
A easy way to dump VC games, maybe?
I remember encountering that as something I got straightforward answers via any search engine.

Found a lot of answers around the web, but not a single straightforward one. I'm more of a step-by-step/tutorial kinda guy :?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:26 pm 

My understanding is that the Mega Man Legacy Collection doesn't contain any ROMS, rather the games have been transpiled to some other native target.

See this GDC talk, 48 minute mark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLWY7fCXUwE#t=48m00s

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:33 am 

dustmop wrote:
My understanding is that the Mega Man Legacy Collection doesn't contain any ROMS, rather the games have been transpiled to some other native target.

See this GDC talk, 48 minute mark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLWY7fCXUwE#t=48m00s

Well, I guess that settles that, then. Interesting talk btw. Let's hope his voice gets heard :D