It is currently Mon May 22, 2017 8:11 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:43 pm
Posts: 32
Is there any way to dump the roms from the Mega Man Legacy Collection (PC)? I managed to do so with the Sega games at Steam (and use them with my Mega Everdrive) so I was thinking it's probably possible to do it with Mega Man as well :-)

And btw, are there other legal roms for sale out there I should know about? A easy way to dump VC games, maybe?

PS I know it's much easier to just download the roms from the internet and have no problem with that. But what's the fun in that? :-D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:16 am
Posts: 408
You should be able to copy the roms off the Classic NES, the same way you'd add ones.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:46 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:43 pm
Posts: 32
calima wrote:
You should be able to copy the roms off the Classic NES, the same way you'd add ones.

Yeah. That would work I guess. Still waiting for my copy :?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:36 am
Posts: 2814
Location: Tampere, Finland
kjetil_f wrote:
And btw, are there other legal roms for sale out there I should know about? A easy way to dump VC games, maybe?

Dunno about easy (never did it, except for some help with dumping the Donkey Kong Pie Factory edition), but it's definitely possible to dump ROMs off the Wii Virtual Console.

_________________
Download STREEMERZ for NES from fauxgame.com! — Some other stuff I've done: kkfos.aspekt.fi


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:12 am
Posts: 5670
Location: Seattle
kjetil_f wrote:
A easy way to dump VC games, maybe?
I remember encountering that as something I got straightforward answers via any search engine.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:20 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:43 pm
Posts: 32
lidnariq wrote:
kjetil_f wrote:
A easy way to dump VC games, maybe?
I remember encountering that as something I got straightforward answers via any search engine.


Found a lot of answers around the web, but not a single straightforward one. I'm more of a step-by-step/tutorial kinda guy :?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:55 am
Posts: 114
My understanding is that the Mega Man Legacy Collection doesn't contain any ROMS, rather the games have been transpiled to some other native target.

See this GDC talk, 48 minute mark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLWY7fCXUwE#t=48m00s


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:33 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:43 pm
Posts: 32
dustmop wrote:
My understanding is that the Mega Man Legacy Collection doesn't contain any ROMS, rather the games have been transpiled to some other native target.

See this GDC talk, 48 minute mark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLWY7fCXUwE#t=48m00s


Well, I guess that settles that, then. Interesting talk btw. Let's hope his voice gets heard :D


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 7 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group