NESASM3 - Reset code compiled to wrong location

Are you new to 6502, NES, or even programming in general? Post any of your questions here. Remember - the only dumb question is the question that remains unasked.

Moderator: Moderators

Banshaku

Re: NESASM3 - Reset code compiled to wrong location

Post by Banshaku »

If your project is big, I would say ca65 is useful for segment management since you just need to define the name of the segment and the linker will put it a the right place in the rom. The only issue is to learn how it works at first but after that it's quite simple actually.
Punch

Post by Punch »

Pokun wrote:The bank statement was finally removed in a later Pceas fork, as it really isn't that useful and only gets in the way when you are assembling something that isn't the standard HuCard. Nesasm also has some forks, but I don't think any of them totally removed the bank limitation.
What fork is that?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Pokun

Post by Pokun »

I guess this (future-proofing: download link and source) must be the latest one. It has lots of improvements over the old PCEAS2 fork from various people. Just grab "pceas.exe" from the "bin" directory.

I can't find a list of changes but I know that he added "<", ">", and "^" as aliases for "LOW()", "HIGH()", and "BANK()" functions at some point. He also added a "-pad" option I think (pads ROM to the next power-of-2 size). Also the fix in PCEAS2 didn't work properly but should be fixed here.