Somebody know the donor card for crisis force ?

Are you new to 6502, NES, or even programming in general? Post any of your questions here. Remember - the only dumb question is the question that remains unasked.

Moderator: Moderators

idrik

Somebody know the donor card for crisis force ?

Post by idrik » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:14 am

hello all,

i want make my crisis force card but i can find any donor cartrige ,somebody know a donor cartrige ?

thank

Bregalad

Post by Bregalad » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:40 am

The power pak.
Useless, lumbering half-wits don't scare us.

idrik

Post by idrik » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:06 am

hello bregalad just the power pack :cry:

tokumaru

Post by tokumaru » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:37 am

Hey Bregalad, you've been advertising the PowerPak left and right, haven't you? XD

But yeah, AFAIK all the carts with that mapper are japanese.

Bregalad

Post by Bregalad » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:41 am

tokumaru wrote:Hey Bregalad, you've been advertising the PowerPak left and right, haven't you? XD
Probably because I'm tired of seeing weekly new threads from people asking which donnor cart they need for a game or how they do the mod, often obscure japanese games using obscure mappers.

These threads are irrelevant to NESdev, and unless this is to make dev-cards intended to use for developement, I find all those threads annoying and counter-productive.
Useless, lumbering half-wits don't scare us.

MottZilla

Post by MottZilla » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:34 pm

It's true, there have been a ton of threads lately that are essentially, how do I build a bootleg of <insert game here>. It's somewhat disturbing if there really are alot of people out there butchering carts just to build tons of bootlegs. Particularly when such a nice option like the PowerPAK exists.

tokumaru

Post by tokumaru » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:36 pm

Or the imported cart with a converter.

tepples

Post by tepples » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:56 pm

A converter doesn't apply a translation patch.

MottZilla

Post by MottZilla » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:58 pm

Crisis Force doesn't need a translation. It's a shooter. People will make any excuse to want to bootleg Crisis Force opposed to buy the import cartridge because as I recall it's uncommon and priced fairly high.

idrik

Post by idrik » Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:05 pm

sorry but this forum is the link of romlab right ? when you arrive to romlab what you see in the nes Section (cartmodding) but if you are tired Do not answer that simple :wink:

idrik

Post by idrik » Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:06 pm

MottZilla wrote:Crisis Force doesn't need a translation. It's a shooter. People will make any excuse to want to bootleg Crisis Force opposed to buy the import cartridge because as I recall it's uncommon and priced fairly high.
your wrong you can find patch to romhacking :wink:

tokumaru

Post by tokumaru » Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:21 pm

Well, even if you're gonna use translations, nothing better than using the original cart as a donor, it even comes with the correct label.

MottZilla

Post by MottZilla » Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:41 pm

idrik wrote:
MottZilla wrote:Crisis Force doesn't need a translation. It's a shooter. People will make any excuse to want to bootleg Crisis Force opposed to buy the import cartridge because as I recall it's uncommon and priced fairly high.
your wrong you can find patch to romhacking :wink:
I can't be wrong in a matter of opinion, it's my opinion. I understand that a translation exists for the very little text in the game. But it is my opinion that such is rather pointless and not being able to read that text takes nothing away from the gaming experience.

idrik

Post by idrik » Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:44 pm

well but i don't think my pal nes take this 60 pin cart :wink: I understood well that you do not want to help me and indeed to keep your knowledge so precious for you sirs good night :wink:

Banshaku

Post by Banshaku » Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:39 pm

idrik wrote:well but i don't think my pal nes take this 60 pin cart Wink I understood well that you do not want to help me and indeed to keep your knowledge so precious for you sirs good night Wink
With an adapter, it would. As for your second statement, it won't bring you any help said that way.

The game mapper is a VRC4, a special mapper that is only available in japan. this mean there is no possible donor cart for this game, period. The only way is that the game mapper is hacked to work on another one. This mean the only possible donor cart becomes a japanese game.

Second you said you have a PAL nes. Since this mapper works fine only on a NTSC machine, you may have problem with the original game because it sync to the specs of the NTCS nes. There is good chance it will not work properly on a Pal nes.

And as for using it on the power pak, there is no VRC4 mapper available so you're out of luck (read thread for gradius II on powerpak).
Bregalad wrote:These threads are irrelevant to NESdev, and unless this is to make dev-cards intended to use for developement, I find all those threads annoying and counter-productive.
Sorry for being rude to the main poster but today I more than agree about this statement. This is nesdev, a site for nes development. For me (personally), making a repro of a game that is available is bootlegging.