-Legend of Zelda (FDS)
-Family Basic
-PlayBox Basic
-Draemon
-Raid on BungelingBay
Xious

Re: Famicom controller II MIC

Post by Xious »

honda wrote:NESにはないが日本のFamiconのコントローラー2にはマイクが搭載しており、ある一定以上の音声が入力されているかどうかをソフト側で判別できた。
NESエミュレータでは、コントローラー2のマイクを対応しているものが少ない。

As for the games that uses the 'Famicom Controller 2
Microphone', here's what I know:

-Takeshi no Chosenjyo
-Legend of Zelda (FDS)
-Family Basic
-PlayBox Basic
-Draemon
-Raid on BungelingBay
Does anybody know the of the microphone and where they would connect on an American NES? I have a spare set of Famicom controllers that I'm wiring to work on an NES, so I'd like to enable the microphone at the same time.

2012 Edit: Someone asked me about this today... I made a set of schematics in Oct 2010, that would enable people to perform this modification as desired, although it is not as straightforward as merely connecting a couple pins. The basic version is just the internal configuration, while the later version also has the FC controller microphone schematic added to it, albeit not perfectly. (I never finished the capture.)

I should probably add it to the wiki.
Last edited by Xious on Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tepples

Post by tepples »

Google search shows that the Famicom microphone is a level detector that connects to bit D2 of controller 1. This bit exists only on the expansion port of a front-loader, not the controller ports on the front panel. See also previous Famicom mic discussion.
Xious

Post by Xious »

tepples wrote:Google search shows that the Famicom microphone is a level detector that connects to bit D2 of controller 1. This bit exists only on the expansion port of a front-loader, not the controller ports on the front panel. See also previous Famicom mic discussion.
So either I'll have to run a separate line to the expansion port from the joypad itself, or from the expansion port to the data line on the controller port within the NES. Either one is easily doable.

Thanks!

-Xious