It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:41 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Forum rules

Related:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:14 pm 

I noticed you're familiar with the command prompt, as you previously used copy /b.

This zipfile contains a Python 3 program and a 6 MB build of my bank diagnostic ROM. Try using the program to expand the ROM to 12 MB and run it on your cart. I'd try it myself, but I don't have an INL Hi/LoROM cart of my own.

Attachments:
strike6to12.py.zip [16.1 KiB]
Downloaded 99 times

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:56 pm 

tepples wrote:
I noticed you're familiar with the command prompt, as you previously used copy /b.

This zipfile contains a Python 3 program and a 6 MB build of my bank diagnostic ROM. Try using the program to expand the ROM to 12 MB and run it on your cart. I'd try it myself, but I don't have an INL Hi/LoROM cart of my own.

I am at work at the moment but will test this out tonight once I get home.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:54 am 

OK just tried you script. Success!!
The rom seems to be working perfectly.
Thank you so much for your help on this one Tepples

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 6:08 pm 

Is anyone still following this thread? I had some questions about the kazoo programmer, and the INL SNES boards. I am working with HME to create a custom Harvest Moon Hack for the SNES. I can play the game in an emulator, but am really a newb when it comes to putting it on a real cartridge to test it.

Is this a good option for doing so, and if so, how would I do it?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:34 am 

Anyone got this running on an unmodded PAL SNES, it runs fine on my PAL SNES with built in supercic but not on my unmodded PAL SNES.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:29 am 

Has any more work been put into limiting the sram to 8 kbit of 4kbit since lots of games like earthbound use this as copy protection.

Last edited by QB14 on Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:25 am 

QB14 wrote:
Has any more work been put into limiting the drama to 8 kbit of 4kbit since lots of games because games like earthbound use this as copy protection.

You can limit it with some soldering work, but the easier solution is to use something like UCon64 or my flasher app/firmware. My app also should work with stock firmware, albeit MUCH more slowly. My flasher app actually patches out protections automatically, though there are some titles that it argues with. That's planned as a fix for the next release I've been working on when I have time, which (sorry) is frankly not often.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:20 am 

Danin wrote:

You can limit it with some soldering work, but the easier solution is to use something like UCon64 or my flasher app/firmware. My app also should work with stock firmware, albeit MUCH more slowly. My flasher app actually patches out protections automatically, though there are some titles that it argues with. That's planned as a fix for the next release I've been working on when I have time, which (sorry) is frankly not often.

Thanks for responding sorry I was typing on my iPhone (lots of autocorrect)

Is your flasher application available for download if so what is its name

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:43 pm 

I've been thinking of including a means to trim the SRAM on the board and allowing people to designate the size of SRAM they'd like with the purchase of the board.

I've gotten a large number of requests for differing values of SRAM that are actually desired though, including some from people I think may be confused on KByte vs Kbit. If I'm not mistaken the majority of copy protected games demand 8KByte (64Kbit) of SRAM, however there are others which require as little as 2KByte (16Kbit) as well. Adding all those options along with everything in between, and as much as 32KByte (256Kbit) which some games also need is a bit of a challenge though without going crazy with solder jumpers..

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:31 am 

Why don't people just patch the games? It's not a big deal. Do they just not understand how to do that?

I think most games use 8 Kilobytes of SRAM. I think the Donkey Kong Country series uses 2 Kilobytes and does copy protection checks if more is there. Killer Instinct will trip if any SRAM is there at all. I think Mega Man X and Demon's Crest also will.

So not only would you need SRAM sizing but plain old SRAM Enable/Disable. Or people could just use UCON64 and patch the games.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:14 am 

Just my two cents. When I first got the software and chips it was quite daunting after several stupid questions and lots of trial and error I finally got the hang of the SNES side. A member sent me Danin's version of the software and it automatically pads the roms and whatnot. It really did simplify the whole process. Perhaps just screw with the base software slightly? Again I know nothing in comparison to the average person on this site but it seems like less work to just mod the software.

Also so far every single game has functioned properly burning using Danin's software except for Star Ocean. For whatever reason a member and I tried dozens of failed burns and the culprit was the software. When I used the stock software it burned just fine.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:45 pm 

NYMike wrote:
Also so far every single game has functioned properly burning using Danin's software except for Star Ocean. For whatever reason a member and I tried dozens of failed burns and the culprit was the software. When I used the stock software it burned just fine.

Thanks for the help! I found Danin's software and it works great. One problem I have been facing is when I burn earthbound I can't play fine with some audio glitches but then at a random point the audio will stop and the game will play fine until the next room I will enter/exit or if I kill and enemy the game will freeze up and I have to restart the console. Has this been happening to anyone else? Is because of the copy protection or something else?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:19 pm 

If you think it might be copy protection related you could try using UCON64 with the -k option. Also if you are using a PAL console that could be causing issues.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:32 pm 

Earthbound for the NES has multiple layers of protection as well. EB and Breath of Fire II have some of the most pita protection I have run across yet. I still have no clue how I got the Breath of Fire 2 remastered with "Through The Fire and Flames" intro to run 100% correctly on a INL cart on a SNES but I love it!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:03 am 

MottZilla wrote:
If you think it might be copy protection related you could try using UCON64 with the -k option. Also if you are using a PAL console that could be causing issues.

Thanks for the advice, I use a ntsc console so that is not the issue, unfortunately I don't know how to use UCON64 I have just been using danin's firmware which patches out the copy protection. I will try to learn how to use UCON64 then come back with the results.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next