It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:10 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Forum rules

Related:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:25 pm 

OK so I set aside some time today for a test run. So far I am 1 hour 45 mins into Chrono Trigger Crimson Echoes and I just passed the place that I vaguely remember constantly crashing at. Its been a year since I played this last and my memory is foggy. However, I am thinking that this is another game that does not want to play nice with Danin's software version. I will put another hour or two in and if this changes I will post here and eventually update the chart I started working on here viewtopic.php?f=28&t=12963&start=15

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:32 pm 

Quick question, has anyone been able to get Final Fight 3 to work? I've tried a couple of different roms, both the original and the Danin software, and different ways of padding the file to 4MB and nothing seems to work. It's the only game that I haven't been able to figure out so far.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:06 pm 

I'd have to open my cartridge to check but Final Fight 3 should be "padded" by copying the first 1 megabyte of data to the end of the 3 megabyte file to make a 4 megabyte ROM. Then if your INL board is 8MB or 16MB you just copy the 4 megabyte ROM to fill up the entire flash ROM capacity.

I'm unaware of whether or not Final Fight 3 features any copy protection measures. If it does you may need to patch the ROM.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:54 pm 

Thanks, I'll try it out. I padded the file but not exactly the way you said so maybe that was my problem. I'm more familiar with NES carts, this SNES business is new to me.

I've checked it with a few different utilities, nothing seems to detect copy protection in this game, but it was a later Capcom game so who knows. I'll report back.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:37 pm 

GohanX wrote:
Thanks, I'll try it out. I padded the file but not exactly the way you said so maybe that was my problem. I'm more familiar with NES carts, this SNES business is new to me.

I've checked it with a few different utilities, nothing seems to detect copy protection in this game, but it was a later Capcom game so who knows. I'll report back.

Final Fight 3 does have sram detection/protection. It'll be a black screen if it detects sram.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:59 pm 

Mark, you are absolutely correct! I removed the sram chip altogether and the game works perfectly now. Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:12 am 

I have an 12MB Snes INL Board that I had previously programmed with star ocean and had gotten to work, last time I tried to use the cart, I got lots of graphical errors and now this time SNES is just giving me a black screen (non repro's work fine). I've tried flashing the cart again with the star ocean and another rom using both Danin's tool and the INL tools, but I've had no luck. Anyone know how I can figure out whats wrong?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:55 am 

Dakkon426, Some things to check/verify. All this guidance assumes you're using my firmware and app as I'm not familiar enough with Danin's release to provide adequate support.

-Make sure your board and SNES connector are cleaned well, possible this is why you had initial graphic glitches with a board that was working fine months ago. But now we'll need to make sure it's getting reprogrammed properly.

-update your kazzo to the most recent release on my webpage and try again. Depending on how how your firmware is, your kazzo might not be reporting an error if it fails to flash properly leading you to believe it flashed properly when it didn't. This issue was corrected awhile back with a firmware update.

-Make sure you're using the ERASE_SNES_12-16MB.bin file and selecting header in the pull down when erasing the board. Also, verify you're getting the dim LED for ~40sec while the board erases. And don't attempt to flash the board until the LED goes out.

-Try flashing a small LoROM game like SMW onto the board. Using my app you'll only have to flash the 512KB rom image and it should boot just find on a 12MB board with the switch in LoROM. If that's working well, then try SO again, and make sure you've got a deinterleaved copy of the rom.

If the conclusion is the board is damaged, submit a ticket on my support page and we can repair/replace it for you at no charge.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:00 pm 

Thanks for the Help! Console's cart connector is definitely clean, I have no problems with any if my original carts though I only have the one repro cart to check.

As per your suggestion, I have updated to the newest firmware using the load retroprogrammer batch file. Followed instructions to Erase with the 12MB erase rom waiting 40 sec for LED to go out. While attempting to flash a small LoRom Game I encountered Error -116 and -5. Also Tried SO again and received the same Errors.

Any Ideas?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:23 pm 

Sounds like the board is erasing properly, but something is going wrong during the flashing process. If the board is working properly, it's hard to make a user error and have that result unless you have the wrong item selected in the pulldown menu. Make sure header is selected for the erase file (sounds like you did that fine since you had dim LED what took ~40sec to go out.) Just make sure you have 12MB SNES selected in the pull down when writing SO. You can use 12MB SNES in the pull down for smaller roms, it'll just report "error in page 0" if you do so which is expected if you select pull down size larger than loaded rom.

When writing, does the error -116/-5 show up immediately? Or does it take a few sec/min to show up?

Assuming you've got the 12MB SNES selected when writing SO as described it does sound like your board has failed for some reason. If you contact me via email/ticket system I'll provide you with the return address and we'll repair/replace it for you at no charge.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:33 pm 

So after digging into some of roms people have had problems with I'm realizing much of it is simply fixed with only providing 64kbit (8KByte) of SRAM. There's only a couple games which require 128-256kbit of SRAM, so I'm planning to change the default offerings for boards we sell as 64kbit instead of 256kbit as we have to date. we'll still have 256kbit available, just won't be there unless you're specifically choosing it.

One of the big ticket games it fixes is Zelda AST series, as the main character is all garbled if >64kbit SRAM is provided. With this 'fix' now in place I can finally get around to offering multicart options to toggle through the different weeks with the reset button while maintaining the same save data for all weeks.

If anyone has some specific games with issues they'd like me to check out let me know. The 64kbit SRAM trimming resolves most of the ones I heard reports about. I'm kicking around the idea of overhauling my design for the next board revision to allow the multicarting settings and SRAM sizing to be configurable in the user's hands through the kazzo programmer instead of at time of manufacture/purchase. But won't be focusing on that until I release my overhauled firmware and host app. So there some time for feature requests if anyone has them.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23