Legible SNES Schematics

Discussion of hardware and software development for Super NES and Super Famicom. See the SNESdev wiki for more information.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
  • For making cartridges of your Super NES games, see Reproduction.
creaothceann

Re: Legible SNES Schematics

Post by creaothceann »

Wikipedia says the Super FX can upload graphics from the cartridge to VRAM. Shouldn't therefore the PA lines on the connector be bidirectional?
My current setup:
Super Famicom ("2/1/3" SNS-CPU-GPM-02) → SCART → OSSC → StarTech USB3HDCAP → AmaRecTV 3.10
lidnariq

Post by lidnariq »

There is only one bus master in the SNES, and that's the S-CPU and its DMA unit. The SFX is not what's doing the uploading.
Señor Ventura

Post by Señor Ventura »

I always believed that DMA can transfer tiles directly from the rom to the vram... and with an sfx we still have the dma doing the same job.

The SFX don't do anything in that way.
tepples

Post by tepples »

It can.

DMA transfers data from one bus to the other. ROM and cart RAM are on bus A, and the PPU's VRAM data port is on bus B. The console's WRAM is on bus A or bus B (but not both at once). DMA from cart RAM to WRAM pauses the 65816, and I think the GSU is paused as well.
Firebrandx

Post by Firebrandx »

OP's link is broken. Anyone have a mirror link?
sanni

Post by sanni »

Not sure if it's the most recent version
Attachments
snes_schematic_color.pdf
(724.91 KiB) Downloaded 429 times
whicker

Post by whicker »

I think the commas went away, or something.

https://wiki.superfamicom.org/schematic ... nd-pinouts
lidnariq

Post by lidnariq »

Here's the last version of snes_schematic_color I have, four minor revisions newer than what sanni posted-
Attachments
snes_schematic_color.pdf
version 1.5, internal date stamp of 2014 Feb 24
(269.54 KiB) Downloaded 553 times
Firebrandx

Post by Firebrandx »

whicker wrote:I think the commas went away, or something.

https://wiki.superfamicom.org/schematic ... nd-pinouts
If you click on that link you posted, you'll see all the schematic file links are broken. :roll:
Deltablade

Post by Deltablade »

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BVGpgo ... sp=sharing

Hello, my name is Arthur, since my friend posted here the connection diagram for the Super Nintendo motherboard, here I made an eagle library that you can import from my sch and I'll leave here the download of the parts I made for Autodesk Eagle 9 and it took a while 4 hours to do it, enjoy it and download it if you want to make it
Marioshroomed

Post by Marioshroomed »

I'm very very late to the discussion but wanted to ask, how do you got about creating the schematic for computer components? Like the chips in the snes.
creaothceann

Post by creaothceann »

You look at the chips and their markings, and use a digital multimeter for testing for continuity to see which components are connected via which traces.

Then you take a drawing program of your choice and create a document with your findings.
My current setup:
Super Famicom ("2/1/3" SNS-CPU-GPM-02) → SCART → OSSC → StarTech USB3HDCAP → AmaRecTV 3.10
Gemz

Post by Gemz »

Hello, does anyone have 1chip schematics? I'm having a really strange issue with the audio output on one unit, all caps are good and chips U6 and U10 have proper Voltage supply, but audio is coming out super low, only audible with an amp or tv maxed out and even that way it outputs a very low signal, I've checked the cable too and tried many tvs, I've even measured followed and jumpered the audio signal straight from pins 1 and 4 out if the DAC (U6) and its coming really low even from those pins, basically audio comes out from those pins really low and it goes unchanged all the way to the final pinout 11-12 of the output cable, composite and RF all the same since the mix only directs that signal that is already low, I've tried everything I could think of, I have the schematic for the pal version but mine is ntsc, anyone have any idea of what could be causing this? Video comes out pefectly only audio the problem.