It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:22 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Forum rules

1. NO BLATANT PIRACY. This includes reproducing homebrew less than 10 years old, with the exception of free software.
2. No advertising your reproductions, with the exception of free software.
3. Be nice. See RFC 1855 if you aren't sure what this means.

Post subject: Snes repro cart help
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:39 pm 

Hello, my friend and i are tech junkies and recently came across the world of making your own snes game carts. After spending the last few days going over as many forums and guides as we can, we have learned alot about the procedure and we are almost ready to buy the parts and equipment we need. There are just a few things we really need cleared up.

first I would like to say this is completely for personal use and it is not our intention or our goal to make any sort of profit from these games thank you!.

We plan to use
FUJITSU MBM29F033C-90PTN -TSOP Adapter III
http://www.buyicnow.com/vp.php?pd=2621

and i will need the DIp40-Dip36 adapter
http://www.buyicnow.com/fincat.php?cat=1006

and an eprom programmer.

My understanding is.... find a 36 pin mask rom game (nhl 96). Remove the mask rom, Program the new rom on new the chip on the tsop adapter using the eprom programmer and dip40 adapter.
cut 40 pin sockets down to 36 pins and solder to PCB, place tsop adapter with new rom in socket and play... is there anything we are missing here or is this the process. thank you very much and sorry if it is addressed in another article we looked all over and found little detailed info.

Post subject: Re: Snes repro cart help
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:58 pm 

spleee254 wrote:

My understanding is.... find a 36 pin mask rom game (nhl 96). Remove the mask rom, Program the new rom on new the chip on the tsop adapter using the eprom programmer and dip40 adapter.
cut 40 pin sockets down to 36 pins and solder to PCB, place tsop adapter with new rom in socket and play... is there anything we are missing here or is this the process. thank you very much and sorry if it is addressed in another article we looked all over and found little detailed info.

Why would you cut down the 40 pin to 36? Isn't it already 36 pin?

This isn't a friendly place to do repo carts but there are some things you need to learn. The difference between hi and lo rom carts. NHL96 I think is a hi rom.

You need to learn about headered and non headered roms.

Some Willem programmers can be problematic with the flash roms.

What game are you wanting to repo?

Edit: ah, you want to put a socket on the cart.... The rom won't fit inside the cart shell if you use a socket. The only exception is a flush socket which are almost impossible to find. And I think buy-ic uses big square headers anyways that won't fit into machine sockets.....