A SNES palette questions/inquiry (possibly silly questions)

Discussion of hardware and software development for Super NES and Super Famicom. See the SNESdev wiki for more information.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
  • For making cartridges of your Super NES games, see Reproduction.
Peperocket

Re: A SNES palette questions/inquiry (possibly silly questio

Post by Peperocket »

I've already programmed the tgx16 and I've had some difficulties with the graphical mode soon I tried to display a picture larger than 16 colors ...

Thank you for explanation.
tepples

Post by tepples »

It's essentially the same concept. On the TurboGrafx-16, each 8x8-pixel space can use one of sixteen 15-color palettes. A 4bpp background on Super NES has half that (eight palettes).
Peperocket

Post by Peperocket »

The common problem between the TGX16 and SNES is the lack of tools or maybe to know how to use it in my case.

For example, I use GFX2SNES (based on pcx2snes) and SIXPACK for converting image. My problem is how to generate a 16 pictures colors with a 256 colors palette.

I succeed to display the bg1. I can look the bg2 behind the bg1's transparency, but seems to have a palette issue since there is no color on it.

Edit : After watching into no$sns debugger, the BG2's details indicated palette 0 for the whole second layer pixels.

Maybe the PPP bits used for the second 16 colors tiles map are not set don't you think?