SHVC-8PV5B-01 PCB Jumper Settings

Discussion of hardware and software development for Super NES and Super Famicom. See the SNESdev wiki for more information.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
  • For making cartridges of your Super NES games, see Reproduction.
RetroSpark

SHVC-8PV5B-01 PCB Jumper Settings

Post by RetroSpark »

I have a game on an SHVC-8PV5B-01 prototype PCB, similar to the one pictured here.

I have tried to dump this game, but the results of doing so seem to depend on the settings of the jumpers on the PCB. In order to get a good dump, it seems necessary to set these jumpers correctly.

Does anyone know what these jumpers do, and how they should be set?
Joe

Re: SHVC-8PV5B-01 PCB Jumper Settings

Post by Joe »

Those pictures aren't good enough for me to figure out what jumper settings you need. You'll either have to trace them out, or get to work trying all 256 possible combinations.

I strongly recommend dumping the individual EPROMs, especially if it hasn't been dumped before.
mikejmoffitt

Post by mikejmoffitt »

Another vote for pulling the EPROMs. Simple 8-bit ones like that should be no problem with just about any setup. You can concatenate / interleave them later as needed.
Markfrizb

Post by Markfrizb »

I would bet that most of those jumpers (dip switches) are related to the SRAM. If you notice that socket can handle 16/64/256k SRAMs. So it would make sense that at least 4 of them are for the 4 highest address lines and since the /WE and Vcc are in different positions between the different SRAMs, I would suspect the remaining 4 have to do with that....

My 2 cents...