It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:45 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Forum rules

Related:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:11 pm 

qwertymodo wrote:
I managed to combine this with DarkShock's audio patch so you can have the best of both worlds.

Oh man, I was really hoping someone would do just that, thank you! :D

Chrono Trigger is definitely one of the examples where MSU1 really shines. The orchestral music was perfectly made to fit right into the original game, and sounds amazing.

Combined with the animation sequences and no load delays, it's certainly the definitive version of the game.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:53 pm 

byuu wrote:
Combined with the animation sequences and no load delays, it's certainly the definitive version of the game.

Uhm, yeah. I agree it is. Or that it would be, if (i.e., IF!) this project had the aim of implementing "animation sequences" (note the plural here).

But it hasn't, and never has. Instead, it was only ever meant to implement THE ONE (!) INTRO SEQUENCE™, and nothing more, just as the thread title says.

Sorry about being rude on this one, but I just can't see why people don't get what this is/was all about, even though it's all been explained over and over again.

Ramsis

(See my GitHub profile for more)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:50 pm 

Ramsis, I don't think anybody (at least, anybody who actually understands the amount of work involved) actually expects you to continue the project to implement the other FMV's. You've made your point there. However, just as you continued smkdan's work, we can hope that somebody else might pick up the mantle and continue to that end. No need to be rude about it. In fact, I've already made some progress, in addition to merging it with DarkShock's audio patch, tonight I just managed to rip all of the FMV videos directly from their original source in full lossless quality (the audio tracks are MUCH cleaner, the videos only slightly so), and now I'm working on running those all through the video conversion process. The code, obviously, is going to be the harder part, but if I manage to work up the motivation, I intend to look into it.

Just because you're done working on this doesn't mean it's done. Feel free to be clear on the fact that you have no interest in continuing to work on it, but there's no need to get upset because other people are still interested in seeing it happen.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:26 am 

Sorry again. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to see other people, like yourself, picking up where I left off. After all, that's why I put the code up on GitHub etc.

Maybe it's just the fact that for me personally, this project has yielded nothing but trouble and annoyance. I'm really sick of it.

*unsubscribes from this thread*

(See my GitHub profile for more)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:53 am 

I managed to write a working hook into the event scripting engine, so now I'm able to insert all of the videos at the proper event points. The only issue remaining is reloading VRAM after the video completes (notice the black screen after the second video). Also, I have no idea where/when in-game the Fall of Guardia video plays. But hey, progress!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGkFO0C14-o

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:37 am 

Great stuff!

The Fall of Guardia is played after the PS1 credits. If I remember correctly, on the DS it is played right after the ending cutscene.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:08 am 

DarkShock wrote:
The Fall of Guardia is played after the PS1 credits.

This video doesn't show it after the credits, it just goes to the save dialog: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ouqig6x-o3c I was able to use that LP to find all 9 of the others though.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:33 pm 

DarkShock wrote:
Great stuff!

The Fall of Guardia is played after the PS1 credits. If I remember correctly, on the DS it is played right after the ending cutscene.

Which ending's cutscene? There are several endings.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:30 am 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6ajZEQm1_U

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:29 pm 

If anybody is interested in trying this out, I have a project page going at RHDN while I try to iron out the last of the bugs (the Chrono Trigger SPC engine is a lot more... interesting than aLttP's, lots of edge cases to account for). I'm currently holding the video files as something of a perk for people who actually report bugs. I've had over 75 downloads, and so far only 1 person has actually bothered to provide feedback of any kind, which means I pretty much end up having to do all the testing myself, which slows everything down. I've also started work on an alternative track pack for anybody who doesn't want to pay for Blake Robinson's OST, but no ETA on that yet.

http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.p ... 115.0.html

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7