It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:45 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Forum rules

Related:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:44 pm 

Quote:
Updated emulation of S-DSP's ENDX state (fixes Magical Drop) [AWJ]

Sigh, that's not a correct fix. We've already confirmed Magical Drop locks up on real hardware from time to time.

Jonas' research into DSP register initialization was incomplete, and attempting a partial fix to run this game will just push the issue off everyone's radar instead of getting it supported properly.

Oh well, I guess I've been guilty of this in the past too, like my pre-dot renderer hack for Uniracers.

Sorry for yet another bummer post by me. The rest of the changes all look great though, great work!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:14 am 

I became aware of that a little while after the change was originally made upstream (a bit shy of a year ago), but I decided in this case I was willing to err slightly in the user's favor until we actually know what the correct behavior is. Consider it temporary, of course.

(hacks are hacks, I know...)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:49 am 

Yeah, and I can't really complain anymore with bsnes v107. I've got some game title matching to disable the new faster PPU/DSP cores on an as-needed basis.

I was just really hoping we'd get some interest in figuring out this behavior fully. It's a really fun game and deserves proper emulation.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:39 am 

Revenant wrote:
Added experimental 'snesmusic' plugin for SPC/SNSF file playback [Revenant]
Am I supposed to be able to just load a SPC file? If not, how can I play around with this? If so, what am I doing wrong such that it doesn't work?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:05 pm 

Yeah, loading any spc/snsf/minisnsf file should work as long as snesmusic.dll (or your OS' equivalent) is present:

Otherwise, it might have a problem with whichever specific file(s)? you're trying to load? I can check it out if you're having issues.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:19 pm 

Ahh, problems from not installing things. Have to put snesmusic.so in the system-wide library directories, or else run with LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/path/to/directory/containing/so/file
Thank you!

(Made a stupid shell script to let me continue to not install things.)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:42 pm 

Cool, glad it works :)

It's definitely a pretty rudimentary player; I originally made it for the completely silly reason of being able to debug some strange SPCs that I dumped from a Super Wild Card DX firmware a while ago. It's a good companion for the (equally rudimentary) sound viewer window though.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13