SPC Player Compiler with Python 3

Discussion of hardware and software development for Super NES and Super Famicom. See the SNESdev wiki for more information.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
  • For making cartridges of your Super NES games, see Reproduction.
KungFuFurby

SPC Player Compiler with Python 3

Post by KungFuFurby »

I created an auto-compiler for Python 3 that takes any one SPC file and produces a ROM of it using mic's SPC Player version 1.4. I did this mainly because I didn't want to keep doing hex editing over and over again (I've been using the hex editing method for at least two years!), especially since I render straight from the ROM.

The program is naturally utilized with the command line (it's my first time making a program with standard arguments). Simply specify a .spc file you want to convert (via filepath or a simple filename if it's in the same directory) and either let the program automatically produce an output file (in .sfc format) or specify your own output file (preferably with a .sfc extension).

This program will not overwrite existing files. I added that in there as a safety measure.

Here's the source! (Previously it was embedded right in the topic, but Python files are no longer supported.)
Attachments

[The extension py has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]