It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:53 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Forum rules

Related:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:07 am 

Ok so I know about the faint vertical line on the super nintendo. I've seen it all the time with multiple super nintendo's I have owned. I also know that the 1 chip and Mini super nintendo either don't have it or its very very hard to see. Now recently I bought a super nintendo second hand in pretty good shape and it is not a 1 chip model how ever the vertical line is absolutely gone. There isn't a trace of it. I've tried several different tv's both HD LED, HD CRT, and regular CRT and it's just gone completely. Is that even normal for a standard non 1 chip snes to not have it? I've never heard of it not having it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:06 pm 

My first-generation motherboard Super Famicom doesn't have it after I've replaced the 7805 with an efficient switching mode drop-in replacement.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:09 pm 

mikejmoffitt wrote:
My first-generation motherboard Super Famicom doesn't have it after I've replaced the 7805 with an efficient switching mode drop-in replacement.

Based on what you said I'm assuming then the person who owned it before me probably fixed it

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:06 am 

mikejmoffitt wrote:

Which one did you use?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:23 pm 

mikejmoffitt wrote:

Weird, I would have expected a switching mode regulator to be worse that a linear one when it comes to this sort of thing.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:14 pm 

Just guessing: Perhaps an SMPS can react quicker to increased load during refresh. Or perhaps the caps needed to turn the high-frequency square wave into a constant level are enough to cover the increased load during refresh.