It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:22 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Forum rules

Related:

Post subject: SNES Cart Case Mod
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:31 am 

Alright this seems to be the place to go to get help here. I'll try and keep this short.

I am proposing to my girlfriend using a hacked rom of Secret of Mana. I want to load it on a physical cart and play up til the hack which will end with said proposal. Afterwards she would pop open the cartridge revealing the ring. From what I read I should be able to achieve this quite easily with the INL SNES Cart & flasher, but I don't believe the ring will fit. My backup is that she'll up the cart to reveal a key that will open the box with the ring (as convoluted as that sounds).

I just wanted to make sure that what I am trying to do is possible, before I go ahead and start hacking Secret of Mana. For size, I plan to get her sone of these rings.... https://www.mysecretwood.com/collections/our-rings

Any advice...

Post subject: Re: SNES Cart Case Mod
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:40 am 

Do you already have the hacked ROM? Because depending on how elaborate you're looking to go there, it could be considerably more difficult than the hardware side of things. Just a thought to keep in mind...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:06 am 

Im working on it....I'm not really worried about the hack itself.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:36 pm 

It would be pretty cool if you could fit the ring into one of those clear/translucent snap together SNES shells.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:45 pm 

skaman wrote:
It would be pretty cool if you could fit the ring into one of those clear/translucent snap together SNES shells.

Yea...each ring that company does is unique. From the pictures of the case and the rings it will be extremely close, but I wonder if I can ask them to slim it down if need be. It seems that the hard part will be getting the ring to fit in the case, but as I stated I have a backup for that. My only real concern was getting the hack secret of mana rom onto the INL Board.