It is currently Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:41 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Forum rules

Related:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:38 am 

AWJ wrote:
Here's something I've always wondered about mosaic and meant to write a test program for but never got around to it: does each BG layer have its own mosaic counter, or are they all tied together?
I would imagine there is just 1 - at least that's the way I implemented it. I mean...it might be possible that there are individual counters...but I doubt it. I don't think it's really meant to be used that way so I doubt they'd quadruple the logic required just for mosaicing. But hey, we're talking the kitchen_sink++ of consoles so maybe there is. Why not write a test ROM and find out? :)

MottZilla wrote:
Since apparently SNES consoles are known to have CPU failures, have you considered using your work to use a FPGA as a CPU replacement?
I wrote the code with that idea in mind. The pinouts on my chips are identical to that of the original system. The primary issue to consider would be voltage level translators.

Erockbrox wrote:
Will this have SA-1 support or Super FX support?
Yes and yes. SA-1 will be trivial at this point. SuperFX is the real prize. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:43 am 

Oh man if you ever do SA-1 or Super FX, hope that you can share your code so that ikari can implement those chips in the SD2SNES :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:51 pm 

jwdonal wrote:
MottZilla wrote:
Since apparently SNES consoles are known to have CPU failures, have you considered using your work to use a FPGA as a CPU replacement?
I wrote the code with that idea in mind. The pinouts on my chips are identical to that of the original system. The primary issue to consider would be voltage level translators.

Excellent. And the possibility of SA-1 or SuperFX clones is even more awesome to hear.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10