It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:20 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Forum rules

Related:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:20 pm 

Espozo wrote:
FMV on the SNES or the Genesis are going to look very obvious.

Not if you do 2bpp on PAL, and be careful with the colours. Elix did exactly that with their first demo, though I think the main point was the music (they were working on a tracker, but it seems to have been moved to the back burner).

EDIT: I'm going by what other people said. I have not personally verified that nu was prerendered.

Last edited by 93143 on Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:59 pm 
Formerly Espozo

...And it still sucked. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:48 am 

My statement on sampled audio size, was not to criticize the demo or if it's real time or not .
Its just for pointing the fact that if you want quality samples, you must spend a big bunch of ROM, nothing else . :D

It's obvius that OD2 use some big prerender tables in ROM, you cannot do complex math like sin,cos,tan in realtime,but the display construction is,and i don't think that all the GFX+code take 4.8 Mbytes,but for me the essential is that OD2 rocks and is very enjoyable with the good spirit of demoscene in it ..

Quote:
EDIT: I'm going by what other people said. I have not personally verified that nu was prerendered.

The coder (ferris) did not deny that fact,so i think all was really a simple FMV.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15