Where to look for snes sample code

Discussion of hardware and software development for Super NES and Super Famicom. See the SNESdev wiki for more information.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
  • For making cartridges of your Super NES games, see Reproduction.
Banshaku

Where to look for snes sample code

Post by Banshaku »

There seems to be more and more snes related topics these days so I'm getting interested to research on the subject.

What I want to do for now is mostly find some code to read until I can experiment a little bit with it. It has to be for beginners and if possible explain the basic you should now to make a sample program from scratch.

Is there any topics on the subject on nesdev? In the mean time I will google about it and see what comes up.
HihiDanni

Re: Where to look for snes sample code

Post by HihiDanni »

I personally used bazz's tutorial which you can find here: https://wiki.superfamicom.org/snes/show ... nvironment
SNES NTSC 2/1/3 1CHIP | serial number UN318588627
nicklausw

Post by nicklausw »

tepples has a lorom template that should put you in the right direction, though the way it's written, there's only so much room for experimentation imo. It's pretty much the most descriptive you can get about literally everything in the program, to almost a scary extent.
Drew Sebastino
Formerly Espozo

Post by Drew Sebastino »

HihiDanni wrote:I personally used bazz's tutorial which you can find here: https://wiki.superfamicom.org/snes/show ... nvironment
Same here.
Banshaku

Post by Banshaku »

Thank you for the links, I will check both of them.

@nicklausw

after all those years, I'm used to Tepples way of doing things so for me that's normal and what I would expect from him: he love the attention to details :wink:
Bregalad

Post by Bregalad »

Since very long I have on my pc a "SNES starter kit" I downloaded from somewhere, and it comes with several interesting simple demos. I actually modified some of these for fun, that's the only "SNES-dev" I ever did.