SNES PCB type database

Discussion of hardware and software development for Super NES and Super Famicom.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
  • For making cartridges of your Super NES games, see Reproduction.
nocash

Re: SNES PCB type database

Post by nocash » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:10 am

The http://snescentral.com/pcblisting.php does look much better now, with the chipset info added to the board names.

One thing is missing are the RTC cips...
For SHVC-LJ3R-01 add special chip S-RTC.
For SHVC-LDH3C-01 add special chip SPC7110 + RTC-5413.

Why are the ST010..ST018 board listed with "0" Number of ROM Chips?
homepage - patreon - you can think of a bit as a bottle that is either half full or half empty

snescentral

Post by snescentral » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:59 am

nocash wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:10 am
The http://snescentral.com/pcblisting.php does look much better now, with the chipset info added to the board names.

One thing is missing are the RTC cips...
For SHVC-LJ3R-01 add special chip S-RTC.
For SHVC-LDH3C-01 add special chip SPC7110 + RTC-5413.

Why are the ST010..ST018 board listed with "0" Number of ROM Chips?
The missing ROM chip number was caused by me forgetting to add quotes around the data. That is fixed now.

In keeping with the Nintendo serial code formatting, the RTC information is part of the "SRAM decoder chip" entry, rather than special chips. Perhaps I could change that description to "SRAM decoder chip/ RTC".

nocash

Post by nocash » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:27 am

I wouldn't follow Nintento's naming scheme that strictly... you could hardly say that the RTC chip isn't a special chip because Nintendo had declared the RTC chip being... an SRAM chip?

The nice thing about the Special Chip column is that it can contain a human-legible description of what kind of special hardware is in the cartridge. Speaking of special hardware, the BSC-xxx boards should also mention the Datapak slot as special hardware (eg. add it in brackets in the Special Chips column, or rename the column to Special Hardware).

Btw. the PCB list lacks a link to the normal satellaview bios cart, https://snescentral.com/cart.php?id=0800&num=2 BSC-1A5B9P-01 (with special chip/hardware: MCC chip plus Datapak slot) (a higher resolution photo might be nice).
homepage - patreon - you can think of a bit as a bottle that is either half full or half empty

snescentral

Post by snescentral » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:03 pm

I think the last column in the serial code merely denotes a chip that interacts with the RAM chip (which the RTC does). Maybe not ideal, but I like the idea of following Nintendo's labelling scheme when possible. I could change the main list page to put it on the "special chip" column, though.

I have a BS-X cart that I can scan, but it is at my home in Germany and I will not be back until August. I will be able to get a high resolution scan at that point.