It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:33 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Forum rules

Related:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:58 pm 

On my trip in china, some weeks ago, i found a SF7 in some second hand store - just $10 :) So far so good, unfortunately I am having some issues with it.

When I plug it into my PAL snes with correct ac-adapter connected (using a genesis ac-adapter as suggested at some places) and a pal game plugged into the SF7 I only get a blank screen.

I opened up the sf7 to have a look. There is a ram chip connected to
the first socket. I tried it on the second one, or without the ram -- no change.

Am I right to assume that I probably have a US/NTSC version which won't work with my PAL snes ? If so what can I do about it ? Hack the lockout chip? Can I switch the SF7 from ntsc to pal via one of the 4 jumpers located on the mainboard ? Does anyone know the purpose of those jumpers?

Thanks for any help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:28 pm 

The jumpers affect the startup language, auto-load feature and some other BIOS stuff I can't remember.

To use the SF7, get yourself a PAL game you don't mind sacrificing, open it up, remove the CIC, and replace the socketted NTSC CIC in your SF7. Alternatively, you could disable the CIC (and while you're at it put a 50/60hz switch since 50hz is no good for the majority of games.)