BS-X Satellaview Broadcast Frequency?

Discussion of hardware and software development for Super NES and Super Famicom. See the SNESdev wiki for more information.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
  • For making cartridges of your Super NES games, see Reproduction.
Nikku4211

BS-X Satellaview Broadcast Frequency?

Post by Nikku4211 »

Hey guys, what's the frequency that the BS-X Satellaview listens in on to receive software?

I'm asking for a friend.
I have an ASD, so empathy is not natural for me. If I hurt you, I apologise.
Revenant

Re: BS-X Satellaview Broadcast Frequency?

Post by Revenant »

The Satellaview doesn't listen on satellite broadcast frequencies at all. It only reads the bitstream output from an external satellite receiver, which you had to purchase separately.

Theoretically, that bitstream can be generated by anything, which there has been some experimentation with somewhat recently: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kdymgz5dT4
Nikku4211

Post by Nikku4211 »

Revenant wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:28 pm The Satellaview doesn't listen on satellite broadcast frequencies at all. It only reads the bitstream output from an external satellite receiver, which you had to purchase separately.

Theoretically, that bitstream can be generated by anything, which there has been some experimentation with somewhat recently: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kdymgz5dT4
Oh cool. Hopefully, we eventually get to the point where we won't need to buy anything expensive just to broadcast SNES homebrew to our Satellaview.

If not, well, you should all know what the BS in BS-X really stands for.
I have an ASD, so empathy is not natural for me. If I hurt you, I apologise.
Pokun

Post by Pokun »

Speaking of the BS-X, do you know if it's supposed to work without the 8M mini cartridge? I know it should work without the Satellaview, but I only get a black screen on the BS-X and I have no 8M cartridge yet. It looks like it should work in this video.
Revenant

Post by Revenant »

Yeah, it should boot up fine without a memory pack inserted, you'll just get an error screen if you actually attempt to load up a game.
Pokun

Post by Pokun »

Thank you, hopefully it's just dirty pins then.