emulator = perfection

Discussion of hardware and software development for Super NES and Super Famicom.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
  • For making cartridges of your Super NES games, see Reproduction.
MottZilla

Post by MottZilla » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:29 pm

Hey now, the Super Scope was awesome. It was not unwieldy. It just takes too many damn batteries.

ironfist61

Post by ironfist61 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:06 pm

Who's been splitting these threads?
There's splits of splits and so on. It boggles my mind. (Boggle, I hate the game named that but that's what my brain feels like)

I've never seen any message boards or communities so "split happy". There's more "splits" then there are "Banana Splits" at "Dairy Queen"

Zepper
Formerly Fx3

Post by Zepper » Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:07 pm

FitzRoy wrote:In many cases, emulation is simply better. It's far more portable, saves an incredible amount of space, can do things like netplay, and using a mouse for super scope games is simply better than the unwieldy super scope itself. I grew up playing PC games, so crisp pixelated graphics look better to me than blur. And bsnes effectively has better audio than the original unit by avoiding the analog output. I don't want to hear any nonsense about developer intent in that regard. It's just a cheaper, inferior pathway in a day when digital ones were uncommon, that's all there is to it.
Yes, you just forgot the word "fr33" about the games. :S

ironfist61

Post by ironfist61 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:13 pm

Fx3 wrote:
FitzRoy wrote:In many cases, emulation is simply better. It's far more portable, saves an incredible amount of space, can do things like netplay, and using a mouse for super scope games is simply better than the unwieldy super scope itself. I grew up playing PC games, so crisp pixelated graphics look better to me than blur. And bsnes effectively has better audio than the original unit by avoiding the analog output. I don't want to hear any nonsense about developer intent in that regard. It's just a cheaper, inferior pathway in a day when digital ones were uncommon, that's all there is to it.
Yes, you just forgot the word "fr33" about the games. :S
Amen.

It also keeps licensed games alive. Screw the Wii's virtual console! Only thing that POS is good for is playing injected wads. Hell, the Wii's half gig storage sucks nuts anyway.

Edit: Speaking of which. Look at this BS I just found.
http://www.whattheyplay.com/blog/2008/0 ... GgodmVC6Yw
I found it just when I posted this