It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:42 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:36 am 

It seems links to digikey parts can and do expire. You need to post an actual digikey part number, that can be searched for.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:39 am 

caitsith2 wrote:
It seems links to digikey parts can and do expire. You need to post an actual digikey part number, that can be searched for.

fixed

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:42 am 

you still save $3.50 per chip.. :lol:
if he released it you would save a couple cents and have more options with the JCIC
that and i think people would like a chip by a developer for developers
instead of something that contributed to the further destruction of nintendo carts :wink:

it was cheaper to destroy games.. you would get a cic+case for under eight bucks
now it's four bucks for a case

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:28 pm 

I totally agree that I'm not willing to pay 4$ for a CIClone; I was just being picky about your hyperbole :P

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:34 am 

ya cart cases will be around $2 soon also.. they are $5 dollars now thought they were $4 the other day? :?

i'm still waiting on my 2nd famicom box cart first stream will run.. but could end up needing the other chip to make a log if i can't crack the seeds with the info i got.. plan B =)

EDIT: the 2nd "famicom box" (FCB) cart came today!
took me about 10 minutes to unpack the thing.. paper, tape, bubble wrap, screws, solder! :D

mario also gave me a hand with the "custom integrated circuit" (CIC) :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:48 am 

Cic question. I have read the posts, downloaded the cic files, bought the 12f629 pics, my programmer has the capability to work this pic, so my question is this: there are 4 files in the cic folder "lock.asm and lock.hex. + key.asm and key.hex. I assumed that the key.hex was the file to program (for cartridge cic replacement) but when I try the hex file, it's wayyyyy too big. So is the asm file the one to use? Or does the file need to be assembled? And how to do that? The PIC has only 1k memory and the key file is much larger than that.

I guess I'm just looking for the right file to directly program. Can I get some direction? I see you plan to sell them. Will they be "locked" or readable? Will it come with jumper instructions for the different applications?
I plan to integrate this into some new cart designs I'm working on....
Thanks
Mark

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:13 pm 

Intel HEX files should be slightly more than twice the size of the capacity of the thing they're going into.
What are you using to program them? The programmer should tell you if the file's too big.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:13 pm 

My programmer says I would need 8 devices (12F629) to program the hex file.

My programmer supports this part. ARlabs.com

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:55 pm 

Markfrizb wrote:
I see you plan to sell them. Will they be "locked" or readable? Will it come with jumper instructions for the different applications?
I plan to integrate this into some new cart designs I'm working on....

assuming you know the "JCIC" and "Super CIC" are different (implied)

they'll be locked but that's only until it's released and that will be soon.. i'll still offer them programed but not much of a market when people can flash JCIC's at home. the project goal isn't money though.. i'm not making money from infiniteneslives.com using them :wink:

think i'll be offering the JCIC and logic on a PCB for SNES consoles in-order to reduce the number of wires required to install

atm i'm working out the famicom box/station.. it works different but i made a bunch of progress on that front. just need to crack the seeds now (far as i know).. but that's the fun part :lol:

it will have instructions and pin-outs for sure
3gengames thought it would be a good idea to do a wiki

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:17 pm 

Hi
I don't plan to resell them but if I have the capability to burn my own, I'd like to be able too.

I'm wanting to make my own cartridges but until I can make one without a MAD chip and don't need to outsource the CIC, I'm hesitant to go forward. Too many times (in the arcade world) a source for ____ (fill in the blank for x part or info) something disappears and then you are stuck. I've learned to try to do as much as I can for myself. I totally understand the desire to recover some of your expenses for your time and trouble. I'd be happy to contribute to that. And it just bugs the heck out of me to not understand how and why something works. I guess I must have the super CIC files. I'm thinking that's why I'm not understanding this...

So you plan to have a pinout adapter for original cartridges? Good idea.

Mark

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:38 pm 

Markfrizb wrote:
My programmer says I would need 8 devices (12F629) to program the hex file.

My programmer supports this part. ARlabs.com
Are you by any chance importing the HEX file as a BINary file? I just reassembled the source and it uses 510 words of the 1KW in the '629.

If you are loading it correctly, then this sounds like a programmer problem, and something you should bring up with them.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:53 pm 

This is where I get lost..... When you say assemble. I tell my programmer which file to load and that's as far as I get...... So another process has to take place before I can load it on the pic?

Mark

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:15 pm 

In computer programming, do you know what a "compiler" is?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:31 pm 

Only in very basic terms. I have done zero programming and know no computer languages.
But a compiler if my understanding is correct, takes language instructions that humans can understand and converges it to machine code.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:46 pm 

no i don't wanna make money back i just don't want to release a binary publicly until it has famicom box support.. but if i stop moving forward i'll release it anyway.. i don't want to be known as a data hoarder :)

when you go to open a fiile your software should have a drop down with .bin selected and it should give an option to select .hex
could also use ponyprog2000 to convert the file and skip leaning about assemblers
you can also get an assembler for the .asm files from http://www.microchip.com/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next