It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:04 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:52 pm 

Did you have a pinout for the SNES version as well? I'm guessing it's basically the same, the only question being which is which between IO0 and IO1 (pins 24 and 55 on the cart edge). Hadn't thought of using a SOIC clip. In fact, I just bought myself a SOIC test socket, so I don't really have a need to program the chips in-circuit...

How's the release looking? Even a key-only implementation would be nice to have...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:06 pm 

The MISO, MOSI, SCK, and CLK pins are all used for CIC communications so those are routed to the NES/SNES cart connector for you already. The only one that needs to be added is /RESET in order to ISP the chips. But then again I use a avrdoper programmer that provides a CLK signal for ISP. I don't think all programmers provide that so you'd want to make sure you're covered there with your programmer (CLK not SCK)

For NES I route the reset pin to the expansion port (EXP5) so the CIC can easily be programmed in circuit via the 72pin connector. SNES I didn't have a good pin available so I have an extra 10pin connector on the side which is where I routed /RESET it's also used for JTAG programming on the CPLD.

Using a socket works too though. I used a different solution for awhile when I didn't have the reset pin routed to a connector. I'd leave the reset pin lifted when soldering, then I could use a mini grabber clip to get the /RESET pin for ISP, and solder it down to the PCB after programming.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:59 pm 

qwertymodo wrote:
Did you have a pinout for the SNES version as well? I'm guessing it's basically the same, the only question being which is which between IO0 and IO1 (pins 24 and 55 on the cart edge). Hadn't thought of using a SOIC clip. In fact, I just bought myself a SOIC test socket, so I don't really have a need to program the chips in-circuit...

How's the release looking? Even a key-only implementation would be nice to have...

i'll release the 8-pin attiny13 version binary within a week or so (maybe sooner) .. supports nes/snes all regions.. think we found a small bug in one of the new config options.. just got back from a two week trip.. the "pin #1/output" of the CIC is pin #5 on the JCIC.. i'll make another with the snes port pins later today.. i didn't want a bug in a release confusing people.. been playing around with the nes fcb also

if i got you right.. you want a lock mode ATiny13 to unlock the mapper?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:43 pm 

No, I'm not looking for a lock-mode right now. I'm mostly interested in key-mode.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:41 pm 

I've updated my pinout to cover both consoles
also relabeled the I/O's with more generic names to hopefully avoid confusion :)
the pins are bidirectional.. OIO starts as the output and IOI starts as the input

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:06 am 

jims cool wrote:
i'll release the 8-pin attiny13 version binary within a week or so (maybe sooner) .. supports nes/snes all regions..

I found this project not that long ago, and it's sounding very interesting! I've always preferred working with AVR chips over PIC (not that there's anything wrong with them), so it's nice to see someone with a mod that's not PIC-based! Thanks!! :D

Am I right in thinking that the ATtiny13 version won't work in lock mode? I'm looking for a chip to go in a console, so I guess I'll have to wait for the lock version to be released. Any idea when that will be?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:37 pm 

your are correct.. the ATtiny13 will function as a lock but for unlocking mappers on 3rd party snes hardware projects

the other chips will support console switching and has a gal that is used to over ride the region bit
i finally have time to work on this again this evening :)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:49 pm 

Hi everyone

I'm writing this message to get a little help with Super CIC mods on SNES'.
I already performed two SuperCic mods : one on my Super Nes (PAL) and the other on my Super Famicom.
I programmed my PICs (16F630) with a small K150 Automatic Programming USB device and the lock.hex file provided at WolfSoft.de. I scrupulously followed the wiring method on this website.
On both cases, I used duo-leds (red-green-orange) and on both cases, I have 2 problems :

First, the region auto-detection doesn't seem to be working. When the led turns orange, PAL games always run at 60Hz.
Could someone tell me which of the PIC pin is responsible for the auto-detection mode so I can check what I did wrong ?

And second, all of my 40 games work just fine on both consoles, except for Super Mario RPG. (though it works on my unmodded Super Famicom)

Anyone had the same problems ?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:31 am 

Inbound link
The description of the recently uploaded video "Secrets of the Nintendo CIC Chip - Early Cartridge Anti-Piracy" by Modern Vintage Gamer links to this topic.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17