It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:37 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Forum rules

Related:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 606 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41
 Post subject: Re: SNES PowerPak
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:19 pm 

I often get a black screen when powering up, which clears up after a one or two resets. (1/1/1 console, firmware build #11331) Does a newer build fix this?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:20 am 

tepples wrote:
I often get a black screen when powering up, which clears up after a one or two resets.

Hmmm, strange. How often is "often?" Does it also happen without a CF card inserted? Have you tried using a different size/brand of CF card?

(See my GitHub profile for more)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:07 am 

I haven't been able to reproduce it on demand. I guess it happens only on some days. If I can reliably reproduce it, I'll let you know.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:32 pm 

As of the latest build, you can jump to the next/previous SPC file with R/L (among other stuff). It's been tested thoroughly and is confirmed working well, so don't hesitate to download and install the update. :)
Attachment:
spcplayer-rl2.png
spcplayer-rl2.png [ 766.35 KiB | Viewed 878 times ]

(See my GitHub profile for more)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:46 pm 

tepples wrote:
I often get a black screen when powering up, which clears up after a one or two resets. (1/1/1 console, firmware build #11331) Does a newer build fix this?

i rarely get mine to give me the menu on the first power on. although for my cart i always had issues doing anything on it. there are no errors either. even before i updated with ramsis firmware i had that issue with a black screen. I was able to update normally to the mufasa firmware and it works great. i had no issues except for 1st power on that you mention here. I am thinking its probably due to the CF card im using or a dirty cart connector. I am VERY certain its a CF initialization issue.

Edit: snes is a 2/1/1

I just happened to remove the card from the cart and powered on and it worked on 1st boot. removed the cart and reinserted acting like I switched games and it still booted on 1st boot. didn't remove the cart. turned off the console and inserted CF card powered on and black screen hit reset and everything came up.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:22 pm 

Hey ramsis, great stuff! love the latest update. Im confused on how to get back to the main menu when playing a game. What a great and useful feature.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 606 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41