The Second Reality Project Reloaded fails on hardware

Discussion of hardware and software development for Super NES and Super Famicom. See the SNESdev wiki for more information.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
  • For making cartridges of your Super NES games, see Reproduction.
flagoss

The Second Reality Project Reloaded fails on hardware

Post by flagoss »

Hi everyone ! I have been playing Super Mario World's Hack: "The Second Reality Project Reloaded" on the real snes for quite some time but there is one big bug that prevent me to advance in the game. Please note that the same same bug happen on BSNES !!

On different level, the music will instantly become silent. I can continue to play, but at the end of the level, the game freeze on black screen just before returning on the map !! The bug always happen at the same place in specific level but not always. I have to trigger the bug for exemple by trowing 3 flames with the yoshi.

I am asking you some help to find a way to fix the bug. Is there someone here with some experience with Lunar Magic or Addmusic.

-Just throw some red koopa with the yoshi and music will stop and after the level you will have the black screen ....

-In Castle #1, when you can see some flame jumping out of the lava with the same flame sound, music always stop and black screen after the level or when you die !!

Note that on rare occasion, the glitch will only stop the music and not the sound effect. When it happened , you can go on the the next level without problem !!

Thanks !
mic_

Post by mic_ »

I would suggest that you use bsnes-debugger and trace the execution on the S-CPU when you reproduce the error (preferably from shortly before it happens, by creating a savestate that takes you to just before the error occurs).
flagoss

Post by flagoss »

Well I don't know how to use the bsnes debugger but her I uploaded a file that contain the second reality project ips patch plus a bsnes savestate.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LA5KFQEV

Just take the yoshi in the first level and eat some koopa then throw them and you will see !!

As soon has you throw the flames, the music always stop and sometime the sound effects too !! If the sound effect stop, the level will crash at the end !!

Can someone help me with that !
flagoss

Post by flagoss »

Well after talking with the author of the hack and doing some reading, it seams that the problem is with addmusic wich have problem with the echo buffer on certain ocasion !