It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:32 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:02 am 

I just had a new case. Typically every post I make gets the 500 error. However I just had it "not 500" me but take me to the "somebody has already posted you might want to look at it" where said post was the one I was making. It seems the system may be double adding each post and the 2nd one is what causes the error..

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:55 am 

The system is not trying to double-add anything (per se). It's a manifestation of the back-end problem. Phrased more simply:

1. Type new response (i.e. a Reply)
2. Click Post (or Preview then Post)
3. Browser will sit there saying "Waiting for..." and never come back with the usual "Thanks for your post" confirmation
4. Open new tab and open up thread, OR, click back in existing tab (the one that's "Waiting for...")
5. Click Preview (or view the thread as stated)
6. You will see your post

The situation is different on brand new posts (not replies). But again, as I said, this is all a manifestation of the back-end problem. Once that gets solved, all of this weirdness will stop.

There is a bigger problem here. WhoaMan is still MIA. He also owns the nesdev.com domain, so even doing something like moving off of his hosting and onto something self-managed or actively maintained isn't an option. Memblers/Tepples need to think about that.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:36 pm 

I've been getting this problem every time I post for a few days now.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:24 pm 

Since this is happening with basically every post now, what I've been doing is I click on "submit", then a few seconds later I click on "preview" to make sure my post has gone through, since it shows as a new post that has been made, just to skip the pointless waiting and the error page. I also copy the whole post before submitting, just in case, but so far every post has gone through without problems.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:16 pm 

I am experiencing the problem for 1-2 weeks too. When sending "sumbit" in response to PM message, it just waits but going back to the message outbox shows that it was sent.
Posting on public forum does not cause trouble.

Looks like the last sentence was false - it also hang up while replying to this topic, but as I can see, the message was sent.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:29 am 
Formerly WhatULive4

Happened to me today when sending a PM. Did anyone actually get in contact with WhoaMan?