Issue with struck-out text

Found an issue with the phpBB system here at NESdev? Use this forum to report problems.

Moderator: Moderators

DevEd

Issue with struck-out text

Post by DevEd »

This text should be struck out, but it doesn't work.
This DOES work, for some reason.
Also, why are there both "stike" and "strikeout" options if they both do the same thing?
You know, the DevSound guy.

There are two kinds of people in this world: those who are convinced there are two kinds of people in this world, and those who aren't. - Unknown
thefox

Re: Issue with struck-out text

Post by thefox »

DevEd wrote:This text should be struck out, but it doesn't work.
"Should be", according to who? As far as I know, phpBB doesn't come with strike-out tag enabled, so the "strike" and "strikeout" tags were probably added by a mod of this board at some point. No reason why "s" couldn't be added as well, though.
Download STREEMERZ for NES from fauxgame.com! — Some other stuff I've done: fo.aspekt.fi
tepples

Post by tepples »

It doesn't does work now.

HTML5 retconned a lot of old presentational elements, such as <b>, <i>, and <hr>, to have semantic meaning. The <s> element, for example, "represents contents that are no longer accurate or no longer relevant". For example, "doesn't" above is "no longer accurate".
DevEd

Post by DevEd »

I doubt this will work... Oh yes, so it does.
You know, the DevSound guy.

There are two kinds of people in this world: those who are convinced there are two kinds of people in this world, and those who aren't. - Unknown