Problem getting "New posts" marked

Found an issue with the phpBB system here at NESdev? Use this forum to report problems.

Moderator: Moderators

Bregalad

Problem getting "New posts" marked

Post by Bregalad »

When coming across those boards normally, the "new posts" are marked in orange.
Those new posts can be in any topic in any forum, and are *supposed* to keep marked until you read them.
However, for me, when I click on the first one *ALL* new posts get unmarked, making to me the task harder to know what's new since the last one. It's REAL frustrating.
Useless, lumbering half-wits don't scare us.
tepples

Post by tepples »

It's a problem in all phpBB instances. Try always clicking on the last page of any topic. "View posts since last visit" on the front page may make things slightly easier.
dXtr

Post by dXtr »

tepples wrote:It's a problem in all phpBB instances. Try always clicking on the last page of any topic. "View posts since last visit" on the front page may make things slightly easier.
that's what I always do, and to be even more sure that you wan't lose any new post.. open every thread in a new window.
Sorry for misspellings, I'm from Sweden ^^
Bregalad

Post by Bregalad »

Thanks, this will probably help.
tepples

Post by tepples »

Tabbrowsers make it really easy to open each thread in a new window. Opera was the first; I prefer Firefox.
Bregalad

Post by Bregalad »

I found having lots of tabs open at the same times is anoying. But maybe I'm wrong.
tokumaru

Post by tokumaru »

Bregalad wrote:I found having lots of tabs open at the same times is anoying. But maybe I'm wrong.
Opinions are never wrong, they are just different...

I think tabbed browsing is just great. Sure things can get out of control when you open too many of them, but they'll always be better than windows, in my opinion. N tabs will always be better than N windows, I mean.
Bregalad

Post by Bregalad »

Maybe - What's anoying is having many tabs of the SAME website. So you'll loose yourself and don't know wich ones are still usefull to you and wich one aren't.
tepples

Post by tepples »

Bregalad wrote:What's anoying is having many tabs of the SAME website. So you'll loose yourself and don't know wich ones are still usefull to you and wich one aren't.
I close them as I read them.
dXtr

Post by dXtr »

another solution is to not open all links at once but just a few. read them trough, close them and open some new. ;)
Sorry for misspellings, I'm from Sweden ^^