Color blindness fixes

Found an issue with the phpBB system here at NESdev? Use this forum to report problems.

Moderator: Moderators

tepples

Color blindness fixes

Post by tepples »

Per a request in a private message, I have changed the Administrators group's custom username color from #AA0000 (Like This) to a brighter red #FF3300 (Like This), which should have better contrast with the post background.

What other color changes need to happen to make forums more usable?
mikejmoffitt

Re: Color blindness fixes

Post by mikejmoffitt »

tepples wrote:Per a request in a private message, I have changed the Administrators group's custom username color from #AA0000 (Like This) to a brighter red #FF3300 (Like This), which should have better contrast with the post background.

This is a good change. In general, for color-blindedness or not, having important details differentiable by luminosity helps readability for everybody. I don't have any color-blindness, but the dark admin text was a little hard to read anyway.
Zepper
Formerly Fx3

Re: Color blindness fixes

Post by Zepper »

mikejmoffitt wrote:
tepples wrote:Per a request in a private message, I have changed the Administrators group's custom username color from #AA0000 (Like This) to a brighter red #FF3300 (Like This), which should have better contrast with the post background.

This is a good change. In general, for color-blindedness or not, having important details differentiable by luminosity helps readability for everybody. I don't have any color-blindness, but the dark admin text was a little hard to read anyway.
If you want to bug my mind, place a light red square inside a bigger blue square :mrgreen: :mrgreen: and turn your head left-right slightly, but fast. 8-) :lol: :lol: