RDF profile field

Found an issue with the phpBB system here at NESdev? Use this forum to report problems.

Moderator: Moderators

Opinion

Yes
14%
Yes (including automatic)
No votes
Yes (not including automatic)
No votes
No
57%
Maybe
14%
Other (please specify)
14%

Total votes: 7

zzo38

RDF profile field

Post by zzo38 »

Please add a field into the user profile to link to a RDF profile. This way, any user can add their own fields, such as IRC nicknames, etc. It would also be good if during registration it can automatically extract any fields that this forum does support from the RDF profile if one is provided, but it would be OK even if you do not want to bother with programming such thing. (If OpenID login is ever added, then it can also take that from the RDF profile too.)

(As an example, my RDF profile (a bit old) is http://zzo38computer.org/my_foaf.ttl)
(Free Hero Mesh - FOSS puzzle game engine)
koitsu

Re: RDF profile field

Post by koitsu »

This is a feature request that should be directed at the phpBB folks, not the nesdev folks. Making a "modified phpBB" is unmaintainable when security updates/releases come out. This is where you want to file your feature request.
tepples

Post by tepples »

phpBB already supports adding arbitrary text fields in Users and Groups > Custom Profile Fields, and an RDF URL field could be put there. But you're correct that at least a phpBB MOD would be needed to interpret RDF in XML or Turtle format. There are 190 extensions, but either none of them relate to RDF or the site rejects search terms shorter than four letters.
zzo38

Post by zzo38 »

That is why I said that whether or not it can read the RDF data, it can still have it as a custom profile field.
(Free Hero Mesh - FOSS puzzle game engine)
tepples

Post by tepples »

Done

I made an "RDF URL" field that can be used for an RSS feed of your website or for your FOAF profile. I tested it by putting a link to the Atom feed of my wiki's Recent Changes page. I originally hesitated because each new profile field is something that moderators have to police for unwarranted self-promotion or other unconstructive behavior.