What happened to the Nesdev phpBB theme?!?!

Found an issue with the phpBB system here at NESdev? Use this forum to report problems.

Moderator: Moderators

WhoaMan

Re: What happened to the Nesdev phpBB theme?!?!

Post by WhoaMan »

it is only temporary until the old theme is recreated. the good news is... we hopefully shouldn't have the 500 errors anymore
i dont have much to say
gauauu

Post by gauauu »

WhoaMan wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:09 am it is only temporary until the old theme is recreated. the good news is... we hopefully shouldn't have the 500 errors anymore
Thanks, whoaman. I'd rather have it be slightly ugly than be broken.
Punch

Post by Punch »

my eyes aaaaa :lol:

I think updating the board so my password and data doesn't leak precedes having the old theme but that's not to say I won't be eagerly awaiting its return :P
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
qfwfq

Post by qfwfq »

WhoaMan wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:09 am it is only temporary until the old theme is recreated. the good news is... we hopefully shouldn't have the 500 errors anymore
Glad to hear this is only temporary. Also, on a more positive note, I really like the upgrade in mobile compatibility! :beer:
WhoaMan

Post by WhoaMan »

there is now the dark version of prosilver as another temp option until we recreate the original
i dont have much to say
WhoaMan

Post by WhoaMan »

also the side bar has been moved from the right to the left side....
i dont have much to say
Punch

Post by Punch »

The dark prosilver theme quite frankly isn't bad, it's kinda cool actually. I'd settle for it.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
coto

Post by coto »

dark prosilver theme IS great. It'd look fantastic if instead Orange, font color could be changeable (i'd go with silver or dark silver). Other than that if this means removing hardcoded things and instead add a way to integrate better things such as security, then i am all for it.

Thanks!
Banshaku

Post by Banshaku »

My eyes! :lol:

Jokes aside WhoaMan is BACK!! Why people didn't react to that, I can't wrap my head around that ^-^;;; I'm just happy to know that you have shown a sign of life and that you seems well.

As for the style.. Yeah. It's suck but that something that should be fixable with time. I'm so used to the older one that without those colors it's not nesdev :lol:
Quietust

Post by Quietust »

Punch wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:38 pm The dark prosilver theme quite frankly isn't bad, it's kinda cool actually. I'd settle for it.
It's not too bad, though I do find it rather annoying that it imposes a maximum page width of 1200 pixels - when I maximize my web browser, I expect pages to use the ENTIRE width of the screen, dammit!
Quietust, QMT Productions
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
tepples

Post by tepples »

When lines of text become longer than 80 columns, many readers accidentally skip or repeat lines. Using less than the full width of the maximized desktop browser window helps minimize this.
Near
Founder of higan project

Post by Near »

Quietust wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:06 pmIt's not too bad, though I do find it rather annoying that it imposes a maximum page width of 1200 pixels - when I maximize my web browser, I expect pages to use the ENTIRE width of the screen, dammit!
I always wished that browsers let users send "hints" as to what kind of site they wanted:
* light or dark theme? (this one seems to be a thing now, but just barely)
* centered or left-aligned?
* span entire window width or constrain the width to 60-80em units?
* what are their favorite proportional and monospace fonts?
And then sites could use CSS @media selector queries for them or somesuch.

It's not possible to please everyone. People will reasonably disagree on all of the above.
rainwarrior

Post by rainwarrior »

Firefox having an option to disallow all custom fonts and just set a default serif/sans font for everything is one of my favourite things about it.

Having a CSS override plugin like Stylus also helps in some places.
Bregalad

Post by Bregalad »

Those of you annoyed by the brighness or looks of the new theme, you can use a command line browser such as lynx or elinks to browse those forums.

I think the most annoying is the "save draft" button which I click instead of "preview".

I don't care whether avatar/user information is left or right, I don't have any preference there and I don't think any is supperior to the other.

I however agree with quietust, the width should be entierely used when a browser takes the whole screen.
FitzRoy

Post by FitzRoy »

Quietust wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:06 pmIt's not too bad, though I do find it rather annoying that it imposes a maximum page width of 1200 pixels - when I maximize my web browser, I expect pages to use the ENTIRE width of the screen, dammit!
Websites rarely do this, though they do usually fill blank space with navbars and ads. It makes reading harder to span full width. It's like saying when you take a bite of food, you expect it to occupy your whole mouth. But that makes chewing harder.
if a line of text is too long the reader’s eyes will have a hard time focusing on the text. This is because the line length makes it difficult to gauge where the line starts and ends.