Preview after submitting posts?

Found an issue with the phpBB system here at NESdev? Use this forum to report problems.

Moderator: Moderators

nocash

Preview after submitting posts?

Post by nocash »

When submitting posts, I am now getting sent to the preview screen, which is prompting me to edit or submit the post. That happened twice today.
Despite of the preview, the post was submitted (if I submit it again, I end up with a double post, and have to delete the second post).
homepage - patreon - you can think of a bit as a bottle that is either half full or half empty
Drag

Re: Preview after submitting posts?

Post by Drag »

(This is a test of the emergency broadcast system and also to see if it happens to me too)

Edit: It didn't happen to me just now, so I wonder what happened?
nocash

Post by nocash »

Didn't happen to me in the above post, too. But it's happening in all my other posts here today. Maybe it's just my browser starting to act weird.
The preview is bundled with this message "At least one new post has been made to this topic. You may wish to review your post in light of this."

Although (in 3 of 4 cases) the only new post made has been my own post... so my browser seems to have submitted the post twice. Hmmm, or if the browser/network was behaving slower than usually, I might have actually clicked submit twice if it didn't seem to react on the first click.

Well, if it doesn't happen to other people then it's probably a local problem.

EDIT: Seems to be possible to reproduce the effect when clicking Submit more than twice.
homepage - patreon - you can think of a bit as a bottle that is either half full or half empty
none

Post by none »

I have also just had that problem, but instead of my reply, the reply of a different person appeared in the preview box.
tokumaru

Post by tokumaru »

none wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:54 pmI have also just had that problem, but instead of my reply, the reply of a different person appeared in the preview box.
That's not a bug though, that's by design. If someone else posted while you were writing your reply, the software warns you about that in case you want to take that person's post into consideration before posting your own reply.
none

Post by none »

yeah, but i had it in the "preview" area, and also my post was already submitted.
Jarhmander
Formerly ~J-@D!~

Post by Jarhmander »

(testing double submit, ignore this/these post(s))
((λ (x) (x x)) (λ (x) (x x)))
Jarhmander
Formerly ~J-@D!~

Post by Jarhmander »

Reproduced the preview thing. I just basically spam-clicked the "Submit" button, and saw my useless post in the preview. That's bad, it looks like the "submit" button just sends the post text and the server software either can't know if it has already processed the post, or just ignore/don't care that it's possible. Or, possibly the developers thought that the post preview feature was a good enough feature to prevent "replaying" the submitted post; if I were to post spam, I can't just make a single POST request and repeat it, because only the first one will go through, the others would get to the "preview" page.
((λ (x) (x x)) (λ (x) (x x)))