It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:50 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:05 pm 

Is there anything wrong with banning someone just because they're annoying?

(Or any forum mod so that I can block posts/threads made by certain people?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:01 pm 

kyuusaku wrote:
Is there anything wrong with banning someone just because they're annoying?

For one thing, I'd have to ban myself first. I first joined nesdev before Yahoo! bought eGroups, even before eGroups bought ONElist. And yes, I was annoying back then, especially about the lack of solid information on NES sound. I quit the scene for a while and concentrated on PC and (later) GBA until more of the NES was reversed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:52 pm 

Here, let's try this again:

Is there anything wrong with banning someone just because they have the IQ of a shoestring potato?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:04 am 

tepples wrote:
For one thing, I'd have to ban myself first. I first joined nesdev before Yahoo! bought eGroups, even before eGroups bought ONElist. And yes, I was annoying back then, especially about the lack of solid information on NES sound. I quit the scene for a while and concentrated on PC and (later) GBA until more of the NES was reversed.

Complaining about missing information related to the board subject could be understandable since it was missing at the time.

Coming to a nes development forum and asking random question on the general forum only is not.

my 2 cent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:48 am 

Banshaku wrote:
tepples wrote:

Complaining about missing information related to the board subject could be understandable since it was missing at the time.

Coming to a nes development forum and asking random question on the general forum only is not.

my 2 cent.

Yeah, I cleaned up that act. Most of the questions were loosly related to NES development, however.
BTW, I am not any other member. I just want to make that clear. Check my IP adresses, It'll be more clear.
Sorry for being such a jerk, It's probbably the high sugar/caffiene intake to stay awake. I usually log in around midnight and start feeling like a crazed dog or something.

And a note, These are the best forums I've been on. Usually they are full of immature freaks who think there right even if they are wrong.
So I will stop these stupid actions and have a better act.

EDIT: WTF? Why Split it from that thread, It was apprpriate and on subject. We were discussing "engrish". It really seemed fitting to bring that up.

I'm nothing like jargon. His avatar says "Blow me", I never blow any kind of cart. That's what isopropyl alcohol is for.

Post subject: blowing in cartridges
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:12 pm 

it's been a topic of heated contention in all gaming circles i've come in contact[heh, pun] with...why do some swear by it and others claim it destroys the cart? personally i've developped a ritual over the years of dry blowing into the cartridge, then breathing hot air along the top edge of the board, inserting it quickly, and tucking the cartridge into the rightmost position after it's down by grasping the two closest corners and shimmying it to the right until it doesn't go any further.

i'm sorry for sharing that to those who have weak stomachs, i know it might seem perverse, I blame my backwards twisted upbringing.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:28 pm 

Roni wrote:
it's been a topic of heated contention in all gaming circles i've come in contact[heh, pun] with...why do some swear by it and others claim it destroys the cart? .

This really isn't the thread to talk about this.
But yeah, I've seen some major effects from that. Once somebody had a Conker's Bad Fur day Cart. It was some kid. His edge connector was so corroded the game acted malicious. The part with the Rareware logo, Conkers model was scewed up that he lifted his leg. Looked like he was taking a leak on it when it locked up.

Anyway. When I was posting threads they mostly had to do with NES development.
The thread about bi-quad antennas slightly did, but it got out of hand and stupid.
    The thread about external IDE enclosures did because it was related tO THE STORAGE i'D USE.
    Crap my keyboard is messed up.
    The thread about DVD encryption didn't.
    The thread about the Aspire one was NesDevelopment related because I am going to use that for development.

The point is it was all pretty much Nes/ Development related.

FX3 wrote:
- I am going to buy my fake hair, my sunglasses and the cigarettes then. Anyway, that guy is taking the risk of remaining silent... and someone here is taking the same error of "not breaking any rule and still being a moron".

You talkin' about me? That's not a cigarette, It's a Cigar!
And that is my real hair. Dang, Is it that bad of a picture? Oh well.
This thread is appears useless now. We've already settled the fact that I'm not Jargon. Or did we?
I'd like to say why I don't get on too often. It's because I have Dial up at my house and when I'm home I don't go online. Although I am right now.
I only go online when I'm staying at another house or when I'm at some place somewhere. Otherwise logged in all the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:05 pm 
Formerly Fx3

You're being SO much smart than I though, but you're AS annoying AS jargon was here. I don't mind if you're scoring points with the mod, but it seems *I* am losing points.

Anyway, I won't go into deep details. Time will take care of YOU.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:28 pm 

ironfist61 wrote:
Roni wrote:
it's been a topic of heated contention in all gaming circles i've come in contact[heh, pun] with...why do some swear by it and others claim it destroys the cart? .

This really isn't the thread to talk about this.
But yeah, I've seen some major effects from that. Once somebody had a Conker's Bad Fur day Cart. It was some kid. His edge connector was so corroded the game acted malicious. The part with the Rareware logo, Conkers model was scewed up that he lifted his leg. Looked like he was taking a leak on it when it locked up.

Anyway. When I was posting threads they mostly had to do with NES development.
The thread about bi-quad antennas slightly did, but it got out of hand and stupid.
    The thread about external IDE enclosures did because it was related tO THE STORAGE i'D USE.
    Crap my keyboard is messed up.
    The thread about DVD encryption didn't.
    The thread about the Aspire one was NesDevelopment related because I am going to use that for development.

The point is it was all pretty much Nes/ Development related.

FX3 wrote:
- I am going to buy my fake hair, my sunglasses and the cigarettes then. Anyway, that guy is taking the risk of remaining silent... and someone here is taking the same error of "not breaking any rule and still being a moron".

You talkin' about me? That's not a cigarette, It's a Cigar!
And that is my real hair. Dang, Is it that bad of a picture? Oh well.
This thread is appears useless now. We've already settled the fact that I'm not Jargon. Or did we?
I'd like to say why I don't get on too often. It's because I have Dial up at my house and when I'm home I don't go online. Although I am right now.
I only go online when I'm staying at another house or when I'm at some place somewhere. Otherwise if I had T1 or some High Speed connection I'd be logged in all the time.