Wiki problems

Report broken links, improper HTML, or formatting issues here.

Moderator: Moderators

Quietust

Wiki problems

Post by Quietust »

Recently, there have been a few odd bugs with the wiki software. If you 'view recent changes' on a page, it only shows you the most recent page, and if you try to actually change a page, it throws up an error message about a failed SQL query (like "UPDATE pages SET time=2004-09-21 23:08:14, supercede=NULL WHERE title='Nintendo MMC1' AND version=10").
Quietust, QMT Productions
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
koitsu

Post by koitsu »

Problem stems from the Wiki not properly supporting the MySQL 4.1 TIMESTAMP column type change. This changed severely between 4.0.x and 4.1.x.

We're using Tavi 0.25, which is the "latest-and-greatest". Someone's either going to have to hack the code, or we move to another Wiki variant.
koitsu

Post by koitsu »

Turns out Tavi has quite a few different issues, all based upon the assumption that the users run MySQL 3.x:

http://tavi.sourceforge.net/TaviFAQ

I wrote the little section about Tavi breakage in MySQL 4.1 (heh :)), and also applied the "date fix" mentioned in the section below mine.

So, things seem to work now. The RSS portion might be broken (not sure), but I can always look at that in the future if need be.[/url]

Way to go

Post by Guest »

Problem stems from the Wiki not properly supporting the MySQL 4.1 TIMESTAMP column type change. This changed severely between 4.0.x and 4.1.x.
8D Thats the way it is done do you not think so.
tepples

Post by tepples »

koitsu wrote:We're using Tavi 0.25, which is the "latest-and-greatest". Someone's either going to have to hack the code, or we move to another Wiki variant.
Wikipedia has a list and comparison of wiki implementations.

I suggest either UseModWiki or MediaWiki, as they're the ones most likely to be familiar to a given user. (MediaWiki, which started out as a clone of UseModWiki, is the software behind Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects.) Use MediaWiki if you expect the site to be big. Use UseModWiki if you expect the site to be small or if you run into trouble setting up the database for MediaWiki.