It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:16 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:45 am 

I created a custom CSS to allow the content of a specific page to look almost like the original nesdev front page.

Here's the current wip here.

The way it works is either you insert CSS style in the page or include a CSS that exist on the server on it. That CSS must overwrite the existing style to allow to remove parts and set the things the way you want.

How is it so far Memblers? Is it getting close to the original page? :)

Edit:

When logged in to the wiki, with the right query string parameters, you can edit that page. I'm still thinking of a more elegant way to do it thought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:14 am 
Site Admin

Wow, looks cool! Neat to see a wiki that doesn't look like every other wiki. :)

BTW I updated the index.html the other day. We may be witnessing a real revival of the main page, finally, heheh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:13 pm 

Memblers wrote:
Wow, looks cool! Neat to see a wiki that doesn't look like every other wiki. :)

I guess it could be possible to create a nesdev skin where the normal wiki buttons and menu would still be shown. Users could chose which one they want to use in their personal settings when logged. I could try that someday.

Memblers wrote:
BTW I updated the index.html the other day. We may be witnessing a real revival of the main page, finally, heheh.

Yeah, I saw that. If you do edit it more often, my goal is to make it easier for you by doing it by wiki editing. This has been my goal since I started to import the page into the wiki. By adding a special security group, only specific person of that group could update that page (to avoid defacing the site). This way, other people could help you to keep the content up to date. Once the CSS does look like as close to the original site did, it should be possible (one bug left is the link history doesn't work).