It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:42 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Can I have sysop back?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:59 am 

I hereby nominate myself to be an administrator on wiki.nesdev.com. I have been an administrator on DLDI Wiki, Tetris Wiki, and Atarimike's version of nesdevWiki before the move to Parodius. I plan to use my administrator privileges to work on page styles, for one.

Any objection?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:28 am 

tepples wrote:
Any objection?

Will objections make any difference? Not that I have any... I'm just asking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:00 pm 

Quote:
Will objections make any difference?

I don't think so :lol:
Quote:
I have been an administrator on DLDI Wiki, Tetris Wiki, and Atarimike's version of nesdevWiki before the move to Parodius

Well,it's a good recomendation. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:52 pm 

I'm sorry to rain on your parade but you're already a sysop for the wiki :)

Me, you and Memblers are the sysop. Koitsu is the backup one for extreme case only. The only difference compare to maybe other wiki is that I didn't give superuser privilege to our main account: your supposed to use the super user account for this. You already have all the credential in your mailbox since the beginning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:32 pm 

"You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reason:
This page provides interface text for the software, and is locked to prevent abuse."

I assume that you mean that all admin tasks are handled by logging out of my main account and logging into a role account whose credentials you may have e-mailed to me months ago. With what words should I be searching my past e-mail? I tried wiki, nesdev, nesdevwiki, and ndwiki, but nothing relevant appeared. Or I might have deleted it on accident, not being accustomed to the existence of role accounts on a MediaWiki installation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:27 pm 

When looking in my outbox, there is 2 messages that you missed on 2009/03/26. One of them contain a procedure you were supposed to do with Koitsu. Since you never read that, I saw that as a possible lack of interest about the wiki admin and didn't force it by mailing again.

Those 2 messages don't contains the credentials: once you do the procedure that Koitsu asked, I or Koitsu will send you back the credentials.

Once you get them, only do admin task with the main account. As for the rule, we can talk about it by PM but I don't think is something secret or anythings ;)

Edit:

If credentials were sent (if any), it must have been around that date. I didn't keep them in my mailbox for security reason so I cannot confirm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:56 pm 

Taken to PM.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]