Blank NES Cartridge PCB with just the fingers?

NES development discussion in English, Español, Français, Português, русский язык, or any language.

Moderator: Moderators

TheLittleDoc

Blank NES Cartridge PCB with just the fingers?

Post by TheLittleDoc »

Hello!

I have recently been developing a flash drive cartridge for a friend, that has the memory in the shell connected by the standard USB-a wired to pins 1, 3, 5, and 7 of the cartridge board, with an appropriate slot in his PC, and I've run into a problem: I actually don't have any NES cartridges to sacrifice (but who could do such a thing anyway?!)! But anywho, I was wondering if anyone had or knew of a blank NES cartridge PCB file. Please let me know as soon as possible!

Thanks,
TheLittleDoc
Fisher

Re: Blank NES Cartridge PCB with just the fingers?

Post by Fisher »

A guy asked a similar question here.
I think Rainwarrior's answer is the most comprehensive.
Hope this helps. :-)
TheLittleDoc

Post by TheLittleDoc »

Thanks for the help! I'll look into it!

I thought I might clarify, though. I'm literally just looking for the fingers, the gold contacts, so am I better off just ordering a custom made piece with just the contacts, or does a similar part already exist?

Thanks,
TheLittleDoc
Memblers
Site Admin

Post by Memblers »

No one is going to miss a copy of John Elway's Quarterback, or Major League Baseball. But if you don't want to cut up a cart, the cheapest option might be to order one that comes as a bare PCB (like gametech's Repro-x maybe) and just solder to the component pins.