It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:37 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:07 am 

Your good friends at DigitalPress referred me to your site on me quest to find NES programmers. They tell me you guys would be most knowledgable.

My company, J2Games, is actively looking for NES programmers to work on a project to bring a new NES title out.

Specifics of the project are being ironed out, but this is a legitimate offer and we do have access to the needed development kits.

As you can see on our site, we've recently published our first SegaCD title (Mighty Mighty Missile) this past November and are bringing out Burning Fists: Force Striker, also for SegaCD, next month. (meaning we do have experience doing this.)

If you are interested or can help guide me, details can be further discussed. Please feel free to PM me or email directly to jay@j2games.com.

Happy Gaming!

be sure to check www.J2GAMES.com for all you gaming needs! From Atari to Xbox we stock 1000's of games, systems and accessories! We also publish new games for classic systems, check our our upcoming release for SegaCD, Burning Fists: Force Striker!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:59 am 

I'm not really sure what you're asking. You are a member of a collectible game store company, and that also made homebrew software, right ?
And you're searching programmers (not designed) for a NES game ? Did I get it right ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:18 am 

So, has your company decided much about the game itself already? What kind of game it is, the story, etc? Or will you be doing that along with the programmers?

I'm sure many people would be interested in working on such a project, that will involve actual production and sale of carts.

I love programming for the NES, and I really enjoy drawing graphics for it too. I sure would be interested in hearing more, should I mail you?

I'm just not sure how much you are willing to discuss the project in a place where many people can read, as the project looks so "top secret". =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:21 pm 

Producting cards means doing a full reverse engineering of the lockout chip OR selling special adaptators too (that need to plug in a cart with correct lockout lines to work).
Memblers already have some experience producting real PCBs (not destroyed from other cards).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:50 pm 

Yeah, Memblers could definately take care of the boards, IMO.