It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:24 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:08 am 

I've made demos with source for reading the Super NES Mouse (Meece), Arkanoid controller (Vaus Test), Zapper (ZapPing), Four Score (Eighty), and Super NES controller (spadtest). But if you want to see me make more controller demos, I'll need Santa to come and bring me some controllers. I've made my wish list here. Here's a snapshot:

NES
Miracle Piano, Power Glove, U-Force, serial Zapper for Vs. Duck Hunt

Famicom
Family Computer (with microphone on controller 2), extra controllers for players 3 and 4, Arkanoid controller (old and new versions), Coconuts Pachinko controller, Doremikko keyboard, Family BASIC keyboard, Family Trainer, Hori Track, Jissen Mahjong controller, Oeka Kids tablet

Famiclone
Keyboard-based Famiclone with mouse

My birthday is October 1. (The last time I begged the homebrew scene for a birthday present was back in 2005 when gbadev.org members bought me a DS and PassMe.) So if you have an ENIO, Famicom, or specialty controllers that you're willing to part with before the end of September, you're likely to end up with shiny new controller demos for Christmas.

On the other hand, if these are all rare, expensive $#!+, I can document that fact on the wiki as the Reason No Homebrew Supports This™. For instance, I don't really expect you to go out and track down a used exercise bike or anything.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:36 am 

Didn't the modem come with its own controller that included a numpad? May want to add that to the list too.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:49 pm 

Cursory searching (mainly Google shopping) suggests the following rough price brackets:
$<25
Hori Trackpad, Jissen Mahjong controller
$25-50
Famicom exp. controllers (ea.), Arkanoid w/ controller [uncertain which ver.], ENIO exp board*
$50-100
Family Trainer, Family Basic Keyboard, Miracle Piano Keyboard (alone), famicom, "as-is" powerglove, ENIO exp+CPU boards
$100-200
U-force, Power Glove, Miracle Piano (multisystem?), famicom (w/ FDS)

$~400
RacerMate Challenge II

Did not find:
Doremikko, Coconuts Pachinko, Oeka Kids tablet, vs. zapper

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:04 am 

Those prices seems to be a bit on the high side. If you are patient and keep you eyes open and you should be able to snatch many of those things much cheaper. Loose Family BASIC keyboards and even CIB Family BASIC goes for a lot less than $100 even on ebay. Family BASIC V3 is very expensive though (but the manual is mostly translated so you can just play it via Everdrive/Powerpak).

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:32 pm 

A family keyboard, loose one, can be found in japan for more or less 3000 yen. I didn't check these days but the price may have gone up. I found one long time ago for maybe that price, boxed and maybe complete.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:39 pm 

Tepples, I've sent you a private message.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:54 pm 

Pokun wrote:
Those prices seems to be a bit on the high side. If you are patient

Well, yes.
Quote:
="Myask"]cursory search

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:27 pm 

Banshaku wrote:
A family keyboard, loose one, can be found in japan for more or less 3000 yen. I didn't check these days but the price may have gone up. I found one long time ago for maybe that price, boxed and maybe complete.

Yeah I got mine too for around that price, maybe a bit more. It was CIB and in very good condition too.

$100 is like the buy-now prices on ebay that has been around for several years waiting for someone impatient to grab them.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:37 pm 

What about ROB homebrew?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:15 pm 

I made a crappy ROB demo a couple of years ago.