Nesdev.com funding

Discuss technical or other issues relating to programming the Nintendo Entertainment System, Famicom, or compatible systems. See the NESdev wiki for more information.

Moderator: Moderators

How should I fund a new server

Keep the ads, but make them fit in better
35%
Ditch the ads and accept donations
55%
Neither option (please specify and alternative in a reply to this post)
9%

Total votes: 65

FrankenGraphics
Formerly WheelInventor

Re: Nesdev.com funding

Post by FrankenGraphics »

Having worked closely with a textile industry museum, i get horrified by the amount of t-shirts getting produced, how many tonnes of t-shirts are thrown away, and how many there are in the average wardrobe. The social and environmental aspects aren't pretty to look at. When youtubers sell their promotional stuff, i cringe. That said, a nesdev tshirt/piqué isn't quite like a company/event/promotional tshirt. It'd be a small run, and i'd wear it for as long as the fabric holds. Better have a good look at materials, quality and production, though. I don't mind paying for something that'll last.
Bregalad

Post by Bregalad »

NovaSquirrel wrote:I would totally wear nesdev related shirts if they were for sale, and then wear them to show off that I'm an ultra nerd.
I have the exact oposite goal in life, that is, to hide whether possible I'm an "ultra nerd".
Having worked closely with a textile industry museum, i get horrified by the amount of t-shirts getting produced, how many tonnes of t-shirts are thrown away, and how many there are in the average wardrobe.
Well I don't throw any away but I have 60+ of them in my wardrobe, and I barely bought less than 10 of them, all others were offered to me. And I don't know why it's so convenient to offer t-shirt, if they did the same for all kind of clothes with an equal frequency and not just t-shirts it'd be much more useful. For example these days raincoat would be more useful than yet another tshirt.
tokumaru

Post by tokumaru »

Bregalad wrote:I have the exact oposite goal in life, that is, to hide whether possible I'm an "ultra nerd".
Nobody in the real world knows what NesDev is, your secret is safe! :lol: I have tons of nerdy t-shirts, and would love an NesDev one if the design was cool, but importing t-shirts is waaay to expensive for me and completely out of question right now.
GradualGames

Post by GradualGames »

Bregalad wrote:
NovaSquirrel wrote:I would totally wear nesdev related shirts if they were for sale, and then wear them to show off that I'm an ultra nerd.
I have the exact oposite goal in life, that is, to hide whether possible I'm an "ultra nerd".
Haha, I thought being a nerd was the new cool these days. It seems every five seconds I hear people competing for how Nerdy they are because they watch Game of Thrones or whatever. :roll: