It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:07 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:43 am 

Simple question:

In my Mega Man hack, when I want an enemy from another Mega Man game, I just take the game and use FCEUX to track and understand behavior, so I can copy it exactly the same.

Now I would like to implement the balloon from Mega Man 9 enemies in Tornado Man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oXUhLh-mQ0

Is there a way if I have the file for the game to be able to see it's ASM. Probably not, so what would be the best way to have its whole ASM? Because when it is hurt, is pattern is really tricky to understand.

I know there was a ROM copying Mega Man 9 back then and there are few enemies. I have a copy of this one. How could they have the exact ASM for the enemies?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:03 am 

Mega Man 9 is a Wii program, not a NES program. The Wii code would be PowerPC assembly code. Still disassemblable, but nothing like 6502 at all.

Probably easier just to record the video at 60FPS, then play the footage back frame-by-frame, and write down the positions of the objects. Then you can derive factors such as velocity and acceleration.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:39 am 

Dwedit wrote:
Mega Man 9 is a Wii program, not a NES program. The Wii code would be PowerPC assembly code. Still disassemblable, but nothing like 6502 at all.

Probably easier just to record the video at 60FPS, then play the footage back frame-by-frame, and write down the positions of the objects. Then you can derive factors such as velocity and acceleration.

Thanks the solution to analyse it seems easier. I have idea how to do this,but is there a tutorial somewhere about this? would be really useful to know every tools to use, etc....

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:44 am 
Formerly WheelInventor

For frame comparison, need a software where you can scrub back and forth. Like adobe premiere, aftereffects or photoshop.