vid showing INL-ROM programmer and NROM flash cart for dev.

Discuss technical or other issues relating to programming the Nintendo Entertainment System, Famicom, or compatible systems. See the NESdev wiki for more information.

Moderator: Moderators

tschak909

vid showing INL-ROM programmer and NROM flash cart for dev.

Post by tschak909 »

Hello everybody,

I did a quick 15 min video showing how to use the INL-ROM flasher with an NROM flash cart from Infiniteneslives.com. It gives an overview of driver installation, as well as assembling the physical cartridge into a shell, preparing ROMs for flashing, etc.

Hope it helps, and you guys enjoy it.

A couple of notes about the vid:

* yes, the video sequences have "darth vader voice" due to a mishap in monitoring.
* the music in the wizard of wor shown is a placeholder that I borrowed from shiru's game "Chase" .. It is not the final music.

Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoBEY2ewSUc

-Thom
infiniteneslives

Re: vid showing INL-ROM programmer and NROM flash cart for d

Post by infiniteneslives »

Nice work! Thanks for taking the time to put the video together, videos are something I've always wanted to spend more time creating but can never get myself to..
If you're gonna play the Game Boy, you gotta learn to play it right. -Kenny Rogers
na_th_an

Post by na_th_an »

I'm about programming my own so this is really helpful. Was looking for an old XP box so I didn't have to hassle with the W10 settings about drivers, but after watching your video I think I will give it a try.

Thanks!
infiniteneslives

Post by infiniteneslives »

I haven't updated the readme, but Danin shared a self installing driver package with me that's in the current release .zip in the "DriverPackage" folder. If you launch the "InstallDriver.exe" it should simply handle everything for the driver install for you without needing to worry about unsigned driver work arounds.
If you're gonna play the Game Boy, you gotta learn to play it right. -Kenny Rogers
na_th_an

Post by na_th_an »

Wow that's great, thanks.

I have a 5Mbit cart to test, brb ;)