Could someone built me NESICIDE from sources?

Discuss technical or other issues relating to programming the Nintendo Entertainment System, Famicom, or compatible systems. See the NESdev wiki for more information.

Moderator: Moderators

darkhog

Could someone built me NESICIDE from sources?

Post by darkhog »

The last version available here is from 2013 and the repo was last updated an hour ago. However I don't have the time to build it myself (no, seriously - with the potato I'm forced to use compiling even simplest programs takes ages, not to mention the entire IDE), so I'd like to ask someone who has either semi-recent build or is willing to build it for me to share the build.
cpow
NESICIDE developer

Re: Could someone built me NESICIDE from sources?

Post by cpow »

The recent commits are me trying to put together:

a) Better support for VICE C=64 integration (I'm on a C=64 nostalgia kick...).
b) Hierarchical "solution-esque" containers for multiple library/app projects in the same 'solution' a la "modern IDEs" (and because I'm proposing possibly using nesicide for work...).
c) Pluggable toolchains, *really* pluggable not just "sorta" pluggable like now (for b).
d) Better build/distribution automation for Win/OSX/Linux via build scripts and Travis/AppVeyor.

Which platform do you need?
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

I had no idea there were so many updates to Nesicide since the latest build you can find. I just checked, and my version is also as old as 2013(!), so maybe this actually invalidates all the stuff I just wrote in the emulator thread. :P

Any reason to not just upload a new version of builds for various platforms (Windows in my case) on the website? :)
cpow
NESICIDE developer

Post by cpow »

Sumez wrote:I had no idea there were so many updates to Nesicide since the latest build you can find. I just checked, and my version is also as old as 2013(!), so maybe this actually invalidates all the stuff I just wrote in the emulator thread. :P

Any reason to not just upload a new version of builds for various platforms (Windows in my case) on the website? :)
No reason beyond my desire to automate so as not to have to manually do it. :)
cpow
NESICIDE developer

Post by cpow »

Sumez wrote:Any reason to not just upload a new version of builds for various platforms (Windows in my case) on the website? :)
Try this Windows 64-bit build.
If you need something archaic like a 32-bit build, that'll take a bit longer. :lol:
It works in my eval Win7 64-bit VM. Your results [hopefully] may [not] differ.
darkhog

Post by darkhog »

cpow wrote:
Sumez wrote:Any reason to not just upload a new version of builds for various platforms (Windows in my case) on the website? :)
Try this Windows 64-bit build.
If you need something archaic like a 32-bit build, that'll take a bit longer. :lol:
It works in my eval Win7 64-bit VM. Your results [hopefully] may [not] differ.
Thanks, though I'm on Win8 x64. Will try it and see if it works. Really would rather install Linux on this thing, but my family doesn't want me to :(. Penguin bullies.
cpow
NESICIDE developer

Post by cpow »

I have updloaded builds of NESICIDE for Windows, OSX, and Linux:

https://knob.phreneticappsllc.com/nesicide/

Fixed:
Incorrect inclusion of CC65 causing failure to find compiler toolchain.
Accidental inclusion of qFatal causing crash when pressing key in Qt FamiTracker instrument dialog.
Double-click no longer required to expand project tree items.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Ah I thought the CC65 issue was just my own mistake after having installed Nesicide in two different directories. :P I fixed it by adding my CA65 directory to the PATH environment variable.