I noticed the difference audibly while working on a 5B audio test, but I also checked with a recorded output to make sure it wasn't just the dynamic pitch synchronization thing.Sour wrote:Are you asking because you noticed the difference by listening to it, or because you checked the code?rainwarrior wrote:Also, not related to this, but I believe the 5B frequencies are off by 1?
There is in fact a very suspicious looking +1 here: https://github.com/SourMesen/Mesen/blob ... udio.h#L58
Not sure why it's there, but that would probably be the cause?
I didn't analyize your code, but that +1 in your code implementation is probably the cause. A weird thing with 5B is that the "0" value seems to give a division by zero in the frequency formula, so maybe that creates a temptation to "fix" this with +1. (I'm not sure whether the chip halts at pitch 0 or what, but pitch 1 is already above audible at 55kHz.)
It works but you have to set it up before you try to run the ROM, because the option you need to set is inside the debugger that you can't open without a running ROM.Sour wrote:The "Break on CPU crash" option I mentioned should work - let me know if it doesn't though.samophlange wrote:Yeah, I'd like to request the same thing! I run in to this a lot when doing large scale refactors or setting up little test projects.