NES-101 game genie modification

Discuss technical or other issues relating to programming the Nintendo Entertainment System, Famicom, or compatible systems. See the NESdev wiki for more information.

Moderator: Moderators

ibmp200

NES-101 game genie modification

Post by ibmp200 »

ive seen web sites showing people who have done this for the the NES-001, but nothing really for the top loader.

and what i mean is taking the chips and (using a smaller) connector from the game genie and putting them inside the top loader; maybe there in being two boards inside... so that when a game is plugged in and power applied; the game genie code screen appears. and when youre done playing, you simply and easily remove the game.

i know there are some people who have modified the game genie assembly and left it indefinitely plugged into the top loader. but i mean doing entirely away with the assembly and moving all its internals to inside the console, while also using a different connector thats easier to remove a cartridge from. SO, based on asthetics alone, the top loader looks like all the other NES-101s, but this modified version, 'comes with' the game genie inside.

--i know also that the game genie had a very limited availability adaptor, but i mean here to entirely do without needing this adaptor.

is this possible??
lidnariq

Re: NES-101 game genie modification

Post by lidnariq »

Yes, it's possible. But ... it's a fair bit of tedious work and kind of a pain.
Fisher

Re: NES-101 game genie modification

Post by Fisher »

If you like clones, you could try to find one of these.
It's a clone with the same thing you described: an internal Game Genie. :wink: