Joycard Sansui SSS on RetroUSB AVS?

Discuss technical or other issues relating to programming the Nintendo Entertainment System, Famicom, or compatible systems.

Moderator: Moderators

JenryGomes

Joycard Sansui SSS on RetroUSB AVS?

Post by JenryGomes » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:46 am

My main system of choice for NES games is the AVS which as you might not know only has HDMI out. I was wondering if there is anyway of getting the audio from the system through the Joycard Sansui SSS considering it has the normal red cable you would get for mono sound that so headphones can be used like on original hardware. Many thanks.

lidnariq

Re: Joycard Sansui SSS on RetroUSB AVS?

Post by lidnariq » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:34 am

My best guess is that it won't work.

However, it's easy for you to test: stick two sewing straight pins into pins 1 and 2 of the DA15 connector and touch that to an external audio amplifier. If you hear desired sound that way, the Sansui should also work.

Do be careful to not short the pins together.

The OP was cross-posted to reddit here, but it was recent enough there to not trivially obviously be copypasta.

Gilbert

Post by Gilbert » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:16 pm

I know exactly what we don't want: HAM SPAM!

Dwedit

Post by Dwedit » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:35 pm

The previous spammer was named "JorkGomes", and this user is named "JenryGomes".
Here come the fortune cookies! Here come the fortune cookies! They're wearing paper hats!

Gilbert

Post by Gilbert » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:05 pm

Yeah, and there was supposed to be another identical post (but with spam links already inserted, and an odd question "/what exactly do you want?" at the end) before mine, which was by another account named (something)Gomes. Now that the post was removed, it made my reply irrelevant and me looking like an idiot now. :roll:

tepples

Post by tepples » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:27 pm

We've been down this road before.