Make a VT game work on nes

Discuss technical or other issues relating to programming the Nintendo Entertainment System, Famicom, or compatible systems.

Moderator: Moderators

kelvin donna

Re: Make a VT game work on nes

Post by kelvin donna » Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:12 am

NewRisingSun wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:00 am
I am not so much worried about using the Windows XP toolset as I am about installing it, just to satisfy a single user who persistently makes extravagant requests across several forums, including this thread. I have not had people report issues with regards to Wine compatibility, and nobody else demanded Windows XP compatibility. It's still a "no" from me.
whatever, if you want to be left alone from me forever, then you need to do a favour for me.
please make a version retro fw2 (http://www.retrofw.com).
that is the last ever request from me, i promise (not lying at all.)

NewRisingSun

Post by NewRisingSun » Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:16 am

I don't even know what that is, and I disagree that I need to do anything for you.

kelvin donna

Post by kelvin donna » Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:17 am

NewRisingSun wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:16 am
I don't even know what that is, and I disagree that I need to do anything for you.
retro fw is a firmware for handheld devices such as the rs 97.
if that wouldn't be possible, then make one for retropie please.

kelvin donna

Post by kelvin donna » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:22 am

NewRisingSun wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:16 am
and by the way:
merry cube texmas with this christmas card
Cubetac Weihnachtskarte.png

Ben Boldt

Post by Ben Boldt » Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:20 pm

kelvin donna wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:17 am
if that wouldn't be possible, then make one for retropie please.
Who do you think you are commanding people to do things for you around here? By your own logic, I hereby tell you that you need to make a VT03 upgrade cartridge for NES (regardless if that's possible or not), and you will make me 60-pin and 72-pin versions, and you will hand-deliver them to me.

For the same reason you won't take those demands from me, we won't take them from you either.

lancuster

Post by lancuster » Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:45 pm

Backgammon from Nice Code is an actual NES ROM:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/rwuhv6qn ... 9.nes/file
Check my romhacks and NES arts on Patreon

See my hacks on Romhacking.net
I added level configs for 102 NES games in CaD Editor!

Fiskbit

Post by Fiskbit » Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:52 pm

kelvin donna wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:12 am
whatever, if you want to be left alone from me forever, then you need to do a favour for me.
Why would anyone here ever want to help you with anything after a comment like that? This is a hobby. We don't owe you anything.

kelvin donna

Post by kelvin donna » Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:09 am

Fiskbit wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:52 pm
kelvin donna wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:12 am
Why would anyone here ever want to help you with anything after a comment like that? This is a hobby. We don't owe you anything.
it wasn't me, who was rushing for this, it was my friend Makoto.
i was happy to see the vt369 gams being playable, but then when Makoto heard this, he Freaked out and purged me.

kelvin donna

Post by kelvin donna » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:11 am

the reason why i think emuvt for portable devices would be cool is just to make the fandom easier and make the emulation more practical

how about the miyoo cfw for the powkiddy q90?

kelvin donna

Post by kelvin donna » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:48 pm

Dwedit wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:30 am
There is EmuVT, which is based on NNNesterJ, it will probably run the games. But EmuVT's accuracy for the base NES console seems a bit spotty, as it is based on NNNesterJ, which fell behind in accuracy as emulators improved.
oh wow, because there is also a psp version of nesterj, could someone please make emuvtpsp out of that version?

Dwedit

Post by Dwedit » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:09 pm

This is reminding me too much of Zophar's Domain forums circa 2000. See comic: http://overclocked.org/OCfan12.htm
Here come the fortune cookies! Here come the fortune cookies! They're wearing paper hats!

kelvin donna

Post by kelvin donna » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:12 pm

Dwedit wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:09 pm
This is reminding me too much of Zophar's Domain forums circa 2000. See comic: http://overclocked.org/OCfan12.htm
oopssie? what should i do about it?

kelvin donna

Post by kelvin donna » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:11 am

in the end, i'd be happy to get some advice on how to manipulate the games, so i could make them work in fceux or hvca. anybody please help me?

Ben Boldt

Post by Ben Boldt » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:21 pm

You remind me of myself when I was 15 or 16 years old, first using the internet and posting on web forums using dial-up modem. I remember, people seemed so mean and didn’t want to help me. In case that is where you are, I will say that you can have anything you want if you are willing to do it yourself. If you are not willing to do it yourself, then you have to wonder, why would we do something for you that you don’t want to do?

Use this as an opportunity to learn programming. Many emulators are open source. You can download the source code and get it to compile, that should be easy. Once that works, you can start making changes. Maybe you can be the guy that makes the VTx emulator.

kelvin donna

Post by kelvin donna » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:44 am

Ben Boldt wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:21 pm
You remind me of myself when I was 15 or 16 years old, first using the internet and posting on web forums using dial-up modem. I remember, people seemed so mean and didn’t want to help me. In case that is where you are, I will say that you can have anything you want if you are willing to do it yourself. If you are not willing to do it yourself, then you have to wonder, why would we do something for you that you don’t want to do?

Use this as an opportunity to learn programming. Many emulators are open source. You can download the source code and get it to compile, that should be easy. Once that works, you can start making changes. Maybe you can be the guy that makes the VTx emulator.
all i want to do is make those games functional as nes games, not program an emulator from scratch.
could i get some advice like: which Hex bit should i change to make the game work on regular nes.
here they are with the compatible graphics and without the PCM.
https://mega.nz/file/Fpd0XTRC#ZH2gsXIQx ... 4peobpa-Uw