Any NES/SNES Developers from the 80s up for an Interview for a Bachelors Thesis?

Discuss technical or other issues relating to programming the Nintendo Entertainment System, Famicom, or compatible systems.

Moderator: Moderators

ScgLovesYou

Any NES/SNES Developers from the 80s up for an Interview for a Bachelors Thesis?

Post by ScgLovesYou » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:15 pm

Hi there fellow NES enthusiast!

As the title sais, I am looking for anyone who developed NES (or any other Games for Nintendo consoles back then) who would be kind enough to do an interview for my bachelors thesis.

Basically I am comparing game developement from 20+ years ago with game developement today and I am trying to figure out just how hard it was to make games back then. Leading into the saturation of the gaming market right now and a potential industry crash like in 1983.

An interview with a real person which I could put down as a source in my thesis would be extremely helpful for my work.

If somebody knows anyone who would be awesome enough to help me please let me know.

Thank you so much!

Regards

dougeff

Re: Any NES/SNES Developers from the 80s up for an Interview for a Bachelors Thesis?

Post by dougeff » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:49 pm

You could try contacting Kevin Edwards, who is active on Twitter @KevEdwardsRetro

He worked on Solstice and Silver Surfer, and some other games. I think Ken Griffey Jr for the SNES.

And on modern consoles, some of the Lego games.

*not Solstice. Maybe Wolverine (?)... the name "Kevin" appears in the high score screen.
nesdoug.com -- blog/tutorial on programming for the NES

ScgLovesYou

Re: Any NES/SNES Developers from the 80s up for an Interview for a Bachelors Thesis?

Post by ScgLovesYou » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:10 am

Thanks for the tip. I send him a message.

NOOPr

Post by NOOPr » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:41 pm

Try Garry Kitchen @kitchengarry on Twitter.