It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:32 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:33 pm
Posts: 13
I used notepad++ to create a language definition file for ppmck mml. This means that as you type mml keywords, notepad++ will highlight the terms. I used four different colors, one for each classification of keyword. You have to download my userdefinelanguage.xml file and overwrite your file in notepad++.

Notepad++:
http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/site.htm

A good tutorial to "install" my definition file:
http://weblogs.asp.net/jgalloway/archiv ... tepad.aspx

My userdefinelanguage file:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/2p55zl


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:48 pm
Posts: 544
http://truechiptilldeath.com/2009/06/mm ... r-notepad/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:06 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:33 pm
Posts: 13
Thanks for spreading the word B00. This isn't a perfect script by far, so if anyone would like to go the last mile and clean it up before I do, it would be really cool of ya.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:34 am
Posts: 164
Location: Potsdam, Germany
Hey, that's cool stuff. Definitely gonna be using it :)


So, if people are actually using Notepad++...

Thought I might as well (ab)use this thread to share my language definition file for 6502 asm
Includes syntax highlighting of ca65 pseudo functions and control commands.

This is how your code will look


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:01 pm
Posts: 186
Location: Japan
miau wrote:
Hey, that's cool stuff. Definitely gonna be using it :)


So, if people are actually using Notepad++...

Thought I might as well (ab)use this thread to share my language definition file for 6502 asm
Includes syntax highlighting of ca65 pseudo functions and control commands.

This is how your code will look


I certainly hope my code never looks like that! :lol:

nice ldf though. I use Notepad++ and ca65 so I'll try it out!

_________________
MetalSlime runs away.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:29 am
Posts: 911
Quote:
So, if people are actually using Notepad++...

Speaking of which; is there an MML syntax definition file for TextPad?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:38 pm
Posts: 1519
Location: Fukuoka, Japan
Is it possible to have 2 customs language with notepad++? I already have one that I made for my asm files and would not like to lose it.

MetalSlime wrote:
nice ldf though. I use Notepad++ and ca65 so I'll try it out!


I made one with Tokumaru that support ca65 and other assemblers (nesasm I think and other one, asm6?) . I tried to focus on making calm color for the eye so it look like this. I don't remember if I posted it on nesdev or not. I could always post it if anybody interested. (argg, we are stealing his thread.. Sorry!).

Edit:

@Miau: I like what you did for the branche instructions. that's a nice idea, didn't think about that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:34 am
Posts: 164
Location: Potsdam, Germany
Banshaku wrote:
Is it possible to have 2 customs language with notepad++? I already have one that I made for my asm files and would not like to lose it.

Yes, the userDefineLang.xml file in your Notepad++ directory should look like this right now:

Code:
<NotepadPlus>
    <UserLang name="your custom language" ext="">
    ...
    </UserLang>
</NotepadPlus>


To add the other languages just paste the UserLang tags from the other file(s) you want to install like this:

Code:
<NotepadPlus>
    <UserLang name="your custom language" ext="">
    ...
    </UserLang>
    <UserLang name="MML-PPMCK" ext="mml">
    ...
    </UserLang>
    <UserLang name="6502 ASM" ext="s">
    ...
    </UserLang>
</NotepadPlus>


Better create a backup of the original file, though, don't know how Notepad++ behaves if something goes wrong.


Banshaku wrote:
I made one with Tokumaru that support ca65 and other assemblers (nesasm I think and other one, asm6?) . I tried to focus on making calm color for the eye so it look like this. I don't remember if I posted it on nesdev or not. I could always post it if anybody interested. (argg, we are stealing his thread.. Sorry!).


I see what you mean by calm colors, looks neat.
Hmm, since there seems to be more "demand" for syntax highlighters for other editors... maybe our posts could be moved to a separate thread where everyone can post their language files. Or just continue with (or rename) this thread if it's fine with the original poster.


Banshaku wrote:
@Miau: I like what you did for the branche instructions. that's a nice idea, didn't think about that.

Other languages allow for easy highlighting of control structures (if, else, while, etc). This is somewhat similar and makes recognizing the code structure a bit easier. I think I couldn't do without it anymore :)


Needless to say, feel free to modify or merge anything with your own language files if you find mine useful.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:38 pm
Posts: 1519
Location: Fukuoka, Japan
@Miau: Thanks for the comment regarding the config settings.

miau wrote:
I see what you mean by calm colors, looks neat.
Hmm, since there seems to be more "demand" for syntax highlighters for other editors... maybe our posts could be moved to a separate thread where everyone can post their language files. Or just continue with (or rename) this thread if it's fine with the original poster.


Yes, I think we are heading for a thread split and it's the right thing to do. I will try to post my version later, once the thread is splitted.

Edit:

Like promised, here my definition since the thread as been changed/split:

Notepad ++ definition by Banshaku

The main goal of this definition was to have some relaxing colors so it wouldn't too hard on my eyes. Should work fine with ca65 and nesasm. How you write your code and comment it will have an impact on how it will look.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:45 am
Posts: 114
Location: Uppsala, Sweden
Sorry to bump such an old thread, but does anyone still have those files? The links are all dead.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:36 am
Posts: 2983
Location: Tampere, Finland
This thread has some other stuff: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6267

My (old) syntax highlighter is also there.

_________________
Download STREEMERZ for NES from fauxgame.com! — Some other stuff I've done: kkfos.aspekt.fi


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:46 pm
Posts: 941
Does it support the Improved ppMCK stuff that I have added? Do they have other MML such as XPMCK and VGMCK? There are probably others too, that I don't know about.

_________________
.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:45 am
Posts: 114
Location: Uppsala, Sweden
thefox wrote:
This thread has some other stuff: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6267

My (old) syntax highlighter is also there.

I dunno if it's just on my end, but that looks pretty awful, haha. What's with the extra line spacing?
EDIT: Oh, it was because of the differently sized fonts. Fixed.


Last edited by Dafydd on Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:50 am
Posts: 522
Probably best to use fixed/monospace fonts if you use indentation to line up code.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:58 pm
Posts: 93
Location: California, USA
Aw man, all the 6502 language definition files for notepad++ online are dead links...


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group